Front grill number plate

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
ridgeracer

Post by ridgeracer »

F Type V8R "Straight up Redneck Rager"

ridgeracer

Post by ridgeracer »

Maybe that works ???
F Type V8R "Straight up Redneck Rager"
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

To be honest I think that looks more "in your face" than the conventional position. If you do get stopped it won't be a prison sentence though!
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I think it looks better where it's supposed to be. Just doesn't look right IMO
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
QWERTY

Post by QWERTY »

The F looks best, unadorned, like these cars in the USA http://media.photobucket.com/user/autoinfozdotcom/media/Cars%20Photo%20Gallery/Jaguar%20F%20Type%20Car%202013/JaguarFTypeRedampSilverColor_zpse6a98e4d.jpg.html?filters[term]=Jaguar%20f%20type&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=5
but we are restricted by our laws. Pity, really.
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Ive been thinking about this as Ive run my other car plate less for nearly 10 yrs now ...
I carry a new front plate in its Halfords wrapper that is put on the dash for fuel stops (as some stations wont start the pumps without recording your front plate). Have never needed it for any other reason.
And once a year I perform the 2 minute exercise of installing the OEM plate and mount for the MoT, shortly after which it always seems to fall off again Wink
May give it go this weekend to see what's is left after removing the mounting plate ...
As for the sticker option, its not for me but looks OK, but prefer the zero plate option ...
regards, Paul

Senninha2017-01-04 21:44:06
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
QWERTY

Post by QWERTY »

I like your idea. May give it a try Thumbs Up
Tel

Post by Tel »

Ive been thinking about this as Ive run my other car plate less for nearly 10 yrs now ...
I carry a new front plate in its Halfords wrapper that is put on the dash for fuel stops (as some stations wont start the pumps without recording your front plate). Have never needed it for any other reason.
And once a year I perform the 2 minute exercise of installing the OEM plate and mount for the MoT, shortly after which it always seems to fall off again Wink
May give it go this weekend to see what's is left after removing the mounting plate ...
As for the sticker option, its not for me but looks OK, but prefer the zero plate option ...
regards, Paul

I'm liking your idea Paul...Having just received a £60 unwarranted parking 'fine' from one of these private land ANPR'd companies, I think that would be an aide!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

What are you going to do about your 'Fine'?

As they are only ever fines for breach of civil contract I tend to ignore them and let them go away.

Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

I carry a new front plate in its Halfords wrapper that is put on the dash for fuel stops (as some stations wont start the pumps without recording your front plate). Have never needed it for any other reason.

regards, Paul

I have to say that as nice as it looks to go plate free I'm just not interested in the £1000 fine plus point for being spotted without it. In a country where cameras are recording plates everywhere, I take the view that the courts would be very upset to find someone who is not playing by the rules.

Power to you but for me I would rather spend the G and get a private plate.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post