Front grill number plate

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Sorry, each to their own but I think that looks terrible and has totally ruined the front end of the car.

V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate

QWERTY

Post by QWERTY »

Looking at it logically, a vertically mounted number plate is nowt more than an air-brake.
Hence the car may lose some top speed and use more fuel with increased drag!
I think the law should give us a choice, After all, as said before, the old E-types NEVER had vertical number plates, nor did other exotica such as Ferrari, Lambos, Bugatti, et al.
"Freedom to the People" Evil Smile
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

Well done paul for daring to be different.

I think what stands out to me is the contrast between the black of your F Type and the pure white of the plate. Did you have any colour options for the sticker, I wonder if some shade of grey would have been less jarring.

The other thing it needs is a smaller width registration number

This is available and at only £18,000 its a snip Confused

https://www.regtransfers.co.uk/purchase/buyplate/69683420/p4ulw

Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
PaulMc

Post by PaulMc »

I understand it's not everyone's taste.. each to their own... I don't like the F-Type in certain colours!

I wanted the grill to be opened up and trialled the stick on plate after running without a plate for 4 months. Then I saw a few stick on plates on F-Types in dealers and it reminded me very much of the old E-Types racing at Le Mans etc. and decided to give it a go.

I didn't and was not looking for any other colour than white, so not sure if available. The car is actually Stratus Grey (dirty) and pic taken at dusk so looks darker than is. I think the plate pops out a bit more in that pic than it does in real life. The contrast is not as bad as it would appear here.

Seeing it in the flesh does actually change the look of the car from front on and neighbours who have seen the car with and without only have positive comments about how it has made the car look lower and wider.

I will be swapping the plate on there now, for one that is 25-30% smaller.

m_101

Post by m_101 »

I have considered whether to get a sticky plate and have it put on the crossbar where the original plate sits. Still vertical, still road legal, but just a slightly cleaner look. Anyone else thought of this / done this?
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

My understanding is......
For the plate to be fully legal, it would need to have the BS mark on it and the name and address of the company responsible for preparing/issuing the plate.
I'm not so sure that by the time you have all that stuff on there, that the plate will look much cleaner than the standard one.....but.....it would be good if it was possible.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
captainham

Post by captainham »

I have considered whether to get a sticky plate and have it put on the crossbar where the original plate sits. Still vertical, still road legal, but just a slightly cleaner look. Anyone else thought of this / done this?

Still not a fan of it myself:
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

...and it's not legal..
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
RAYMOB

Post by RAYMOB »

That looks really good'
Better than having it on the bonnet.
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Still illegal. Letters smaller than correct size and no BS number or details of maker. I agree it looks good but is it worth the risk of a fine?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post