Front grill number plate

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
RRB

Post by RRB »

Fixing of front registration plates: vehicles registered on or after the relevant date
6.—(1) This regulation applies to vehicles, other than works trucks, road rollers and
agricultural machines, first registered on or after the relevant date.
(2) Except as provided in paragraph(5),a registration plate must be fixed on the front of the vehicle in the manner required by paragraph (3).
(3) This paragraph requires the plate to be fixed—
(a) vertically or, where that is not reasonably practicable, in a position as close to the vertical as is reasonably practicable,
(b) in such a position that in normal daylight the characters of the registration mark are easily distinguishable from every part of a relevant area having the diagonal length specified in paragraph (4).

Link below for the full regs......

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2001 ... 561_en.pdf
2017 Black 400s convertible :D

stucart

Post by stucart »

Looking to remove the plinth the No plate attaches to with a view to fastening shorter (5 digit) plate straight to the cross bar, it appears the plinth is riveted not screwed to it ??? Anyone confirm this???
2014 V6s Roadster
Polaris White /Red Interior/Black Roof
20" Carbon Blades
Black Pack, + Every Option :D
Full REMUS Cat back system :lol:
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Mine was held on by 3 screws. I think they're fitted by the dealer at the PDI so if your supplying dealer used rivets just drill them out. I had a smart repair done to fix the bar. The colour is piano black. See my picture on the previous page of this thread.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

stucart wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:00 pm Looking to remove the plinth the No plate attaches to with a view to fastening shorter (5 digit) plate straight to the cross bar, it appears the plinth is riveted not screwed to it ??? Anyone confirm this???
Mine was screwed on as was an SVR bumper I fitted
I simply took it out the grille (with bumper off) and had it filled and sprayed. I narrowed the plinth for 5 digit plate and refixed it
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post