RED no GPS signal

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
pletharoe

Post by pletharoe »

Hi all, its my first post so apologies in advance if this thread has already been run, but a little help would be much appreciated.
As the proud new owner of a 2015 F-type R, its developed a glitch with the satnav. Basically I have a red diagonal line through the GPS info button and the system has no idea where it is making it unusable. Does anyone have any experience with this or is it a faulty aerial?

Many thanks!

daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Sounds like an aerial as mine gets a GPS signal in the garage, so if you've tried it in the open air a few times, might be a dealer visit...
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
pletharoe

Post by pletharoe »

yes, im coming round to that idea as well. Dealer has already ordered a new aerial so it may well be a common problem... :(
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Its in the bootlid, so shouldn't be too invasive or time consuming...
daytona6502017-01-19 11:22:51
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Dassalt

Post by Dassalt »

I have a similar problem which after many hours with dealers has been identified as the aerial. New one has been ordered and due to be fitted next week. Big smile

pletharoe

Post by pletharoe »

thanks guys, this does seem unnervingly common. my dealer told me they've replaced quite a few. that needs sorting Jag...
OB123

Post by OB123 »

Mine will have to go back to the dealer too - sat nav thinks i'm somewhere between Stranraer and Dublin and it wont re-set

Got a slight clunking noise on full / near full full lock from passenger side from wheel too. 36,000 miles in and these are the first problems so not a disaster but slightly boring as i have to take time away from work to go to the dealer
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
pletharoe

Post by pletharoe »

GPS UPDATE

This may well be of great help to those of you with similar issues. Car is back from the dealer. They changed the aerial, the electronics within said aerial and checked and flashed the firmware again. All no no avail. In the end they tried a simple hard reset, which involved removing all power from the car and touching positive and negative wires together after being removed from the battery. Et Voila... Perfect again. May well be worth a try at home before calling up the dealer if you have electrical issues such as this...Tongue
East winger

Post by East winger »

Good to know. Thanks of that information.
Italian Racing Red Coupe S AWD + big smile
F5JJT

Post by F5JJT »

OB123 - what was the solution as I my car too thinks it is somewhere in the Irish Sea !! seems to be the equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle for F Type Sat Nav systems !! Irritatingly I've only just bought my car, but from a dealership a long way from home otherwise I'd be straight back to them to sort it. Might try the disconnect battery tick at the weekend otherwise it'll be a wrangle with the local dealership I guess ...................
2016 Glacier White AWD (S) Panroof - fixed spoiler 8-)