Coupe stereo sound quality finally sorted

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Hmm, OK didn't find anything on a quick internet search but I'll check with the dealer close to me if they know anything about it. Would be awesome to attend.

I'll take some pictures of my F-Type once it's prepped for the summer! There's some alterations I want to do to it first. The previous owner had it lowered (by some reason?) - I'll restore it to the original suspension springs. Also, it currently has chrome trim around the windows and as the Firesand looks much better with the black pack, I'll retrofit the black pack to it.

Promise to post some before and after pictures once everything is done. :)

Edit: Saw some pictures of your car btw - looks amazing! The Italian Racing Red was really my first choice, but there were no good ones on the Swedish market so I went for the second best. :)

Arne

Post by Arne »

Thanks Jonas. I was kind of lucky to get it. Found it on Mobile.de and it was just the car I was looking for. The model I wanted, the color I wanted, all the options I wanted (and then some) and the price was right. But when I phoned the German dealer he told me that it was allready sold to a Frenchman. However he had had some bad experience with Frenchmenn earlier, so he asked me to phone back in a couple of days (the contract was signed but the car was still at the dealer as no payment had been done yet). A few days later the Frenchman had not shown up as agreed, and a friend of mine that lives in Germany visited the dealer, checked the car out (it was 100% like new), made a downpayment for me, and some days later I flew down, picked up the car and drove it to Norway.

Regarding Jaguar Experience - here is something from one of the previous arangements: https://www.jaguar.se/nyheter/upplev-jaguar and https://www.insignia.no/opplev-de-raest ... i-sverige/

And here are a couple of videoclips form part of the event (were the cars are driven by a couple of profesional Swedish GT-racing drivers):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPSVJFFoWmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr3Q0iWalm8

I also got an invitation to something similar at Rudskogen racetrack in Norway last year, were we could test both different Jaguars and Aston Martins + take our own cars (Jaguar / Aston) and get some profesional instructors to teach us how to drive them properly. Unfortunately that collided with a Holiday trip to US, but I am pretty shure something similar will come up in the future.

Looking forward to see the pics when it is prepped. Mine is kind of ready for summer, but that was done before I put it into winter hibernation under a cover in my garage (all I need to do is to reduce tire pressure to normal) :) :

cover1.jpg

cover2.jpg

F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Well, I guess one of the few occasions that French untrustworthiness is a good thing. ;)

Do you experience that your tyres "set" when the car isn't moved for a season like that? Or is that what you mean by restoring tyre pressure - do you change the pressure for winter storage?
Arne

Post by Arne »

I have not had any problems with "flat spots" in the tires after 4-5 months standstill. Might be some very minor "vibrations" for the first part of the very first trip, but they go away as soon as the tires warm up a little. Modern tires are not that prone to this problem as older tires was.

I do overinflate them before storage though (to approximately 50-55 pounds), just to be on the safe side.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Shaun123

Post by Shaun123 »

My surround sound stereo has just started crackling in any mode when listening to music, radio or bluetooth, it stops after half an hour, its only 8 months old, weird
SVR with lots of Carbon and Graphic pack

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post