Coupe stereo sound quality finally sorted

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Is there a way to tell which system I have 380 or 770?
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770

captainham

Post by captainham »

Is there a way to tell which system I have 380 or 770?

In the Audio Settings sub-menu, you'll have options for Meridian, Dolby and DTS surround sound settings (if you have the 770w).
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
Nick

Post by Nick »

Thanks will see if the bulletin has been applied, I have found the unit boomy with normal levels of base.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

Hi there

My 770W in my SVR Coupe at low volumes with the sub anything above 1/4 seems to resonate/buzz with volume levels under 15, which is annoying as I generally listen to my music at low volume, more background noise to the lovely engine noise.

But at under 15 the system just resonates/buzzes at lower volumes, if I turn the sub down or off, the problem goes away. Or if I turn the volume up then it sounds great, sub is hard and punchy, I suspect I no longer hear the issue due to how loud it is.

I'd say it almost sounds as is the subs are blown, rattling or something is loose which at higher volumes goes away.

Anyway to check if this audio update is on my car or not please?
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

@Arne - You don't happen to be Swedish (you have a Swedish-sounding name) and can recommend a dealership to a fellow F-Type owner?
Arne

Post by Arne »

Jlsthlm wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:08 pm @Arne - You don't happen to be Swedish (you have a Swedish-sounding name) and can recommend a dealership to a fellow F-Type owner?
Hi Jonas.

You are close - I am Norwegian (but married to a Swedish girl). I can't really recommend any Swedish dealerships, as I only have experience with a Norwegian one (Insignia).

Were in Sweden are you located?
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Arne wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:32 pm
Jlsthlm wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:08 pm @Arne - You don't happen to be Swedish (you have a Swedish-sounding name) and can recommend a dealership to a fellow F-Type owner?
Hi Jonas.

You are close - I am Norwegian (but married to a Swedish girl). I can't really recommend any Swedish dealerships, as I only have experience with a Norwegian one (Insignia).

Were in Sweden are you located?
Danderyd, a suburb to Stockholm. What about yourself? An F-Type can't be cheap in Norway! :)
Arne

Post by Arne »

It's not cheap in Norway (specially the V8), so that is why I imported a second hand one from Germany (1 year old, 7.000 km when I bought it). Lower taxes on used cars, and when I bought mine the kroner was strong compared to Euros, so the combination was favourable 😉 Not many F-type Rs in Norway (just a handfull), and that is kind of fun.

I live in Oslo, so aprox 500 km from you.

Two years ago I attended a Jaguar driving/test course at Arlanda (Øhlins test track right outside the airport). That was fun and comes highly recommended if you ever get a chanse.
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Ah, yeah mine is originally imported from Germany as well, at about the same mileage as yours. I bought it now at 23 000 km.

Thanks for the tip about Öhlins, will for sure check it out!
Arne

Post by Arne »

It was called "Jaguar experience" and organized by Jaguar Sweden and Norway as a "joint venture". From what I understood it was not the first time, so my understanding is that this is something they do from time to time.

You should take some pics of your F-type and display it here. Not that many firesands here, and pics are always welcome 😊

And if you ever get close to Norway / Oslo with your car, let me know. It would be nice to see another R, as mine is actually the only one I have seen in Norway so far.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post