Engine ticking sound when idle

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
cheesecakealpha

Post by cheesecakealpha »

Hi all,

One month into ownership of a BDE 16 plate which I love. I can hear a ticking sound when I first turn the car on and it sits in idle. I have had a similar issue with a different car before which led to something being replaced.

This may be a perfectly normal noise but it does sound a little tractor-y to my ears. You can't hear it when driving above 10mph.

I have taken a video below if anyone would care to look and let me know if theirs makes the same noise. If it does then it's nothing to worry about. If not I will have the dealer look at it.

NorthernGooner

Post by NorthernGooner »

Not noticed that sound and I've had use of 3 F-Types.
2018 BRG AWD R-Dynamic :D
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I've heard of ticking superchargers on F-Types before - there are a couple on this forum from what i remember.

Its worth getting it checked out - i think one or two were replaced under warranty.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Gillie

Post by Gillie »

Hi
I've got a BDE also and it doesn't sound like yours if I was you I'd get down to the dealers. 😁
cheesecakealpha

Thanks all - its very minor but when you are spending £60k+ on a car things like this need sorting!

Going to the dealer tomorrow and will update.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hi all,

One month into ownership of a BDE 16 plate which I love. I can hear a ticking sound when I first turn the car on and it sits in idle. I have had a similar issue with a different car before which led to something being replaced. 

This may be a perfectly normal noise but it does sound a little tractor-y to my ears. You can't hear it when driving above 10mph.

I have taken a video below if anyone would care to look and let me know if theirs makes the same noise. If it does then it's nothing to worry about. If not I will have the dealer look at it.

Hello .. I had this on our new XE S, but did not keep long enough to investigate further, not much help I know .. but I always thought it was a strange sound, especially when the car had covered less the 1300 miles from new ??
Deleted User 1088

does sound like injectors to me to be honest ? just a thought
Arne

Post by Arne »

does sound like injectors to me to be honest ? just a thought

+1
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
cheesecakealpha

I have no idea what injectors sound like! If the dealership say its nothing then fair enough, just want to get it checked.
Deleted User 1088

I have no idea what injectors sound like! If the dealership say its nothing then fair enough, just want to get it checked.

let us know how you get on

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post