Gear selector removal

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Hi
I need to remove the gear selector to swap it
Without Topic I'm struggling to get any tech info
I can remove the outer trim that holds the start button, but how do I remove the next layer down, the black plastic that holds handbrake, exhaust switches etc.?
Do I go in via the side knee pads or are there some hidden clips from the top. Any help by description, or a PDF would be great
Thanks in advance
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

So just by way of reference I solved the issue myself.
To remove the selector you have to undo 2 torx on each side located under the side knee pads, but the real trick is that the rear edge of the housing is held in by 2 plastic tabs that you have to reach through a slot in the side and pull outwards. Not mentioned in Topix, so a real do it once and you've got it sorted job
Once the unit is free undo all the connectors and simply unbolt the selector held in with 4 torx and swap
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Will_Dig

Post by Will_Dig »

I need to do the same, many thanks for the tips :)
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

What have you put in its place?
IRR V8R
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Zyp wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:17 pm What have you put in its place?
A new shifter as mine was scratched by the previous owner and changed the dynamic switch and starter button from orange to silver
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

My switches are also orange, but my paddles are silver so would like them to match.
Do you need to take the centre console apart to change the starter button and dynamic switch?
IRR V8R
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

No just remove the same pieces as the gear selector.
It’s a straightforward jigsaw puzzle with just the one catch I mentioned earlier.
That said you need to be competent and careful to remove lots of trim and do no damage
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
daviper

Post by daviper »

Can anyone tell me which pieces are the side knee pads? I'm really confused - I have the trim off with the start button, but I can't figure out how to access the screws for the black gear selector trim.
daviper

Post by daviper »

Nevermind - I figured it out! I didn't realize the sides of the center console came off.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post