REAR LIGHT UNIT REMOVAL COUPE

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Myer

Post by Myer »

Has anyone removed a rear light assembly?

I am wondering if it can be removed without dropping the rear bumper section, hopefully it is accessible from inside the boot. I have spoken to 3 Jaguar approved body shops and get differing answers. :lol:

Tel

Post by Tel »

Myer wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 am Has anyone removed a rear light assembly?

I am wondering if it can be removed without dropping the rear bumper section, hopefully it is accessible from inside the boot. I have spoken to 3 Jaguar approved body shops and get differing answers. :lol:

Just looked at Topix and the Rear Bumper Cover needs to come off before you can access the lower fastenings for the rear lamp assy'.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Myer

Post by Myer »

Tel much appreciate you taking the time to look it up on Topix.

Any chance of an image showing the fixings that need to be removed prior to unclipping the rear bumper cover?

My F-Pace is a 2015 MY R Coupe.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Just checked Topix again...

It's Nine pages of instructions to remove the rear cover, and it can't be attached to a message within the forum.

If you PM me your email address I'll .pdf it and send it over. It'll work out to just under a 1Mb attachment.
2016MY V8R IRR
Billet OBD lock
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

Myer wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 am Has anyone removed a rear light assembly?

I had a cracked rear light unit around a year ago. No idea how it happened.
Anyway - I considered replacing it myself but it didn't seem like a straightforward job to me as it looked like loads of trim to remove (in the coupe) Jaguar quoted me £250 labour so I coughed up in the end.

Doesn't answer your question - but just for info.
Myer

Post by Myer »

All now resolved. I managed to buy two of the latest version rear light units (smoked look) brand new on eBay for a great price £300 plus £22.00 Next Day delivery. That is nearly 60% off the retail price.

My local body shop fitted them for me this afternoon, it was a two hour job, which required the removal of the rear bumper cover. Thanks to Tel one of our Forum members who kindly provided me with the Topix procedure for the bumper removal. The labour charge, a very reasonable £80.00.

They look really great!
haleyenftype

Post by haleyenftype »

Hey there, I recently found a bit of condensation in my tail lights. I was wondering if someone would be able to help me with the topix. pdf . also is it fine to have water in the tail lights since it is LED and most are water resistant?
dirk_BE

Post by dirk_BE »

I'm newbe in recent JAG's and do have workshop manuals for my classics. Is Topix the only source for DIY tinkering?
current: F-type 2.0L 2018; XJSC 3.6L 1987; E-type OTS 4.2L 1968
sold: mk2 3.8L 1962
spacecoaster

Post by spacecoaster »

I'm totally new to this. Bought a 2015 F type 3.0 a year or two ago. Have a cracked tail light which we suspect was done by a jealous ex boyfriend of my ex- wife. Weird, but true. He's pretty weird and childish.
I don't know what topix is, but it seems that I need instructions to remove rear bumper cover. I bought a used assembly from a European country *can't remember which one now. would anyone have the patience to help a total beginner at car forums? I'm a former technical CTA and fairly good at mechanical stuff. Need quality pictures and if possible, instructions also.
I'm also a bit worried that there may be some sort of led color mismatch, but I suppose I'll deal with that when it's evidently the case. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
PS I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro and am proficient if that's helpful.
Tel

Post by Tel »

spacecoaster wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:42 am I'm totally new to this. Bought a 2015 F type 3.0 a year or two ago. Have a cracked tail light which we suspect was done by a jealous ex boyfriend of my ex- wife. Weird, but true. He's pretty weird and childish.
I don't know what topix is, but it seems that I need instructions to remove rear bumper cover. I bought a used assembly from a European country *can't remember which one now. would anyone have the patience to help a total beginner at car forums? I'm a former technical CTA and fairly good at mechanical stuff. Need quality pictures and if possible, instructions also.
I'm also a bit worried that there may be some sort of led color mismatch, but I suppose I'll deal with that when it's evidently the case. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
PS I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro and am proficient if that's helpful.
SEARCH the forums, I've posted all the information that you're after before.
2016MY V8R IRR
Billet OBD lock
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩