Weird issue with radio

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

Noticed a strange issue with my car, very minor but wondering if anyone else's is the same or of a way to stop it?

If the radio is off, I use the phone, when I hang up I can hear very faintly what ever is on the radio station that I last had on. If I switch radio or then off again I can still hear it and cannot get rid unless I switch car off.

This is on a 15 plate V6 with the updated Incontrol setup but with bog standard stereo

Anyone else get this, I thought I was hearing voices in my head!!

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Mine's a 65 plate, same car, so not much newer. I've not noticed a problem with phone calls. I did have a glitch that when the steering wheel volume up button was pressed, this turned the radio on and when you then switched the radio off the touch screen would go black. Only locking the car for 20 minutes would reset the touch screen putting it back to normal. But when it went in for service the software must have been updated, as the problem had gone afterwards (I forgot to mention the problem to the dealer at the time) . You might have a bug that has been fixed in a later software update.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

Good call, I'll ask dealer to check as a starting point. To be fair it's such a minor issue!
Kevjohn

Post by Kevjohn »

Daughter's V6 late 15 plate, UAE, is in to the dealer today - interference over the speakers and slight leak from seal on soft top. Incredible that she should find the leak, the last car was never washed. Perhaps she is maturing.

I shall post the result if resolved.
The joy of using my daughter's V6 convertible.
Kevjohn

Post by Kevjohn »

been in two days now!
Kevjohn

Post by Kevjohn »

Day three and the car has returned. software update for the radio.

A complete new seal on the roof.

Suspension lubricated????? to eleviate an occasional clunk!

No fuel! Which is not a cost issue... just where has it been? Road testing was the response.

However, it is pristine, she queried if they had replaced the roof it looked so good!
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

Has the SW update fixed your radio inteference?
Kevjohn

Post by Kevjohn »

Ftypeharv wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 10:42 am Has the SW update fixed your radio inteference?
As far as my daughter is concerned, all appears well.

👍
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

Glad to hear it's looking ok for her, I'll arrange a trip to dealer for update to mine
Kevjohn

Post by Kevjohn »

It's back.... dealer stated they thought that the software issue was a bit of a fob off..... tested and it appears to require a new amp, ordered today and courtesy car provided.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post