Active exhaust failure

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Rayw

Post by Rayw »

Has anyone experienced the active exhaust being disabled (not working) after a routine service before?..................... Had my car returned on Tuesday after its first annual service and my "loud" button no longer works. Not sure what they might have done to cause this to happen, so just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar.
I now after to wait until the 9th before my local garage will even look at it. Doubtless to say they will simply say yes we agree, won't be able to identify the root cause and will end up in the usual back and forth with the garage until CRC get involved :roll:
Ammonite grey V6 Coupe. 19" Propellers, Pano roof, winter pack, parking pack, loud button

Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

Mine stuck on loud, Is your button light working ok but not changing the exhasut note? If so check vacuum pipe, it had come of the solenoid (other people had same on US forum) Basically the pipe isnt secured very well so I expect it will happen again

Get under car on passenger side at rear and look up behind alloy in wheel arch, you will see the pump/valve and check the black vacuum pipe isnt detached

Hope this helps!
Rayw

Post by Rayw »

As mine is also stuck on loud and the button light working I thought we might be onto something here, but alas my vacuum pipes at the rear end at least appear all in order .............. great input though, and much appreciated.
I've just popped the bonnet and given that I found the battery cover not in position and the oil filler cap loose it doesn't fill me with confidence that the dealership hasn't dislodged something along the line!!
Once again, thanks for your help. I'll let you know if/when they ever find the root cause.
Ammonite grey V6 Coupe. 19" Propellers, Pano roof, winter pack, parking pack, loud button
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Mine was like it when i first picked it up, not sure what they did to fix it but no problems since.
Scorchio595

Post by Scorchio595 »

I had the same issue after the diff seal replacement, the service technician forgot to attached vacuum pipes on both sides, the pipes just push onto the nipple of the solenoid vacuum. A quick fix at home but was a bit disappointed I had to do it myself.
Caldera Red MY19 V8 AWD R

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post