LED Door puddle lights

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Alasdair 63

Post by Alasdair 63 »

Kaspa ‘did you add the illumanated tread plates or were they a factory fit
White v6s coupe vap tune pulley upgrade 200 cell cats vap exhaust black pack.

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Alasdair 63 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:24 pm Kaspa ‘did you add the illumanated tread plates or were they a factory fit
Hello ... the tread plates were factory fit :)
BJagH

Post by BJagH »

dezzy wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:50 am I've got those ones but without the circle around the logo. This is what I bought on ebay...

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-JAGUAR-F-TY ... 2185123645
Thanks for this link, I bought the Growler version and messed about at the weekend and couldn't get them to fit.

Bought replacements based on your link and slotted straight in and look great - cheers!
Kevs F Type

Post by Kevs F Type »

I have them also. They are great, and real flashy to show off to someone who has never seen them.... :)
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6 S Coupe in Polaris White - Pan Roof, Cold Climate Pack, Reverse Camera Parking Pack, Powered Tailgate, 14w Memory Seat Pack, Configuable Dynamics, Meridian Sound...
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi all,

Just fitted these and am pleased with the result. Perfect fit and only took 1 minute per side and even used to original connector.

The ad on Ebay, item number 253029425914 shows them to have red which seems to be missing from mine but overall, quite happy.

Don't know why the picture is upside down, it's correct on the car and can be adjusted which is handy.

20180224_181844.jpg

2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
ninetails

Post by ninetails »

Hello
I bought a pair of puddle lights (growler type) after reading several posts on here, as I thought they looked good. Now this is where I need the help of those of you who have fitted them. How did you unplug the original light. Most posts I have read, on here say its an easy job, but I cannot unplug mine. One member said unplugging was the hardest bit of the job and mentioned that a lug had to be pressed to release it, but I cannot find any thing to press. Can anybody help. Thanks.
Keith
340 coupe auto 2016MY, ammonite/corris grey, red performance heated seats, pano roof, 20" turbine wheels, switchable active exhaust, front & rear parking sensors, rear camera.
jgaxkr

Post by jgaxkr »

I purchased a set of puddle lights on Ebay a few weeks ago. They were great for about 2 weeks then my interrior lights stopped working. We did some research & ended up reinstalling my factory lamps & the interior lights work again. I loved them but wish they lasted a little longer.
ninetails

Post by ninetails »

jgaxkr wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:28 pm I purchased a set of puddle lights on Ebay a few weeks ago. They were great for about 2 weeks then my interrior lights stopped working. We did some research & ended up reinstalling my factory lamps & the interior lights work again. I loved them but wish they lasted a little longer.
Thanks for the info jgaxkr. Sorry yours failed. I noticed there were quite a few different types of lights, and prices, on e-bay. I bought mine from pixelprice (£14-95), they are listed as 5 watt, the same as the original bulb. They seem to be well made, time will tell. Did you have trouble unplugging the original light?...is there a lug or something to press to allow separation or is the plug just a tight fit. I have pulled quite hard and feel if force it any harder some thing will break. I do not want to damage the plug or wiring loom. Any tips appreciated.
340 coupe auto 2016MY, ammonite/corris grey, red performance heated seats, pano roof, 20" turbine wheels, switchable active exhaust, front & rear parking sensors, rear camera.
Seacourt

Post by Seacourt »

Ninetails,

I seem to remember that there is indeed a button or lug to press in to release the connector from the Puddle Light (or at least there was on my convertible).

It's been a while and I didn't take any photos, but I agree don't tug on it the connector because you will break something!

Seacourt
F Type V6S Convertible 2013.
West London.
ninetails

Post by ninetails »

Seacourt wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:32 am Ninetails,

I seem to remember that there is indeed a button or lug to press in to release the connector from the Puddle Light (or at least there was on my convertible).

It's been a while and I didn't take any photos, but I agree don't tug on it the connector because you will break something!

Seacourt
Seacourt

Thank you for the reply.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post