LED Door puddle lights

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Jk7

Post by Jk7 »

I came across these on eBay, i would love to know how you get on fitting them? Please add loads of images.

Cheers
Limited Edition F-Type 400 Sport - AWD - Indus Silver - Pano Roof + Knightspeed (Qi) Auto Hold Wireless Phone Charger https://goo.gl/muVp3n + Knightspeed Gecko Rack http://bit.ly/2j1Q2P4

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

All installed

pictures to follow ...
Deleted User 1088

Hello

I have also ordered these as a alternative experiment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Laser-LED- ... SwanRXgRsO

:ugeek:
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Just fitted them. Simples! Took about a minute in total.

Popped the originals out with my fingers. Just be careful inserting the new ones as the pins are a bit delicate so you don't want to bend them when inserting the connector. They came with a wee extension wire - didn't need it. Just plugged them straight into the existing wire. Kaspa, did you use the wire that came with them?

Can't wait for it to get dark! Held my hand up to them and they look a bit different from the photos above . . . no circle around the logo. But I think I prefer them like that. Wasn't going to drive tonight but now decided to stay sober and take the car into town just so that I can see these logos when I come back to the car in the dark and open the door! hehe :-)
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Some photos . . . I absolutely love these! Makes me want to stop and open the door almost as much as I want to drive it! LOL :D

8-)
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Deleted User 1088

Very nice ... strange you don't have the circles ?

different manufactures different designs I suppose, but does look good

before long F Type owners will only be coming out at night
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I just used the eBay link you provided so assumed they'd be the same but I actually prefer them without the circles.
Deleted User 1088

Hello

Just a couple of points that I have noticed with the new generation puddle lights

1. the new cree high power led puddle lights (the ones that I ordered and the link I shared) I notice after 2 mins they flash and turn off. I 1st thought this was a fault .. but after some investigation its a design feature to prolong the life of the LED and driver electronics .. they flash to say they are about to turn off. .. I timed them and its 2 mins

2. you can also rotate the lens assembly in the unit to have any orientation you like

Also I notice when fitting the lights there is no internal trim under the steering column or glove box ? is this normal .. I then checked our mini cooper (BMW) and that is the same .. cheap stakes ! all my old C4 corvettes had all trim areas covered

interested to know if all F Types are like this ?

regards
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Thanks Kaspa. Going to watch mine for 2 mins tonight to see if they do the same.

Will check the trim under the steering wheel too and let you know.

I did ponder the orientation for a while... Decided on what you see in the photos above as I figure I want the driver and passenger to read the word Jaguar on exit, rather than folk on the street.
Deleted User 1088

dezzy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:03 pm Thanks Kaspa. Going to watch mine for 2 mins tonight to see if they do the same.

Will check the trim under the steering wheel too and let you know.

I did ponder the orientation for a while... Decided on what you see in the photos above as I figure I want the driver and passenger to read the word Jaguar on exit, rather than folk on the street.
Hello Dezzy .. I came to the same conclusion as you in terms of orientation

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post