Cornering lights

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

Driving home on Friday night I noticed when turning that I appear to have cornering lights?
Where are these - doesn't seem to be any extra lights so are the actual headlights turning?

Also, I assume having the cornering lights means I must have the visibility pack?
(Have heated front screen)
IRR V8R,

Aitch

Post by Aitch »

I've heard talk of 'cornering lights' but as I'm yet to drive mine at night, I'm somewhat in the dark about it. iyswim.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Leo's Big Nipple wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:19 am Driving home on Friday night I noticed when turning that I appear to have cornering lights?
Where are these - doesn't seem to be any extra lights so are the actual headlights turning?

Also, I assume having the cornering lights means I must have the visibility pack?
(Have heated front screen)

The headlights are fixed.

If you take a look into either one of the front headlights you will see the main projector lens (which looks like one half of a glass sphere) and mounted forward of these are LEDs at about the 9 O'clock position on the RH side or 3 O'clock on the left.

When you turn the wheel either left or right, the corresponding LEDs illuminate and cast a beam at about 45 deg to the direction of travel. No 3 in the pic is the LED.

HTH

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 12.47.41.png

2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

Great info, thanks !

Can see the lights now...

Also found the auto high beam function from the menu on the steering wheel buttons.
IRR V8R,
ty27rv

Post by ty27rv »

I do believe that the Adaptive lights do turn with the steering. At least mine looks like it. Apart from the headlights turning, the cornering light then comes on depending on the degree of turn
what's the use?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post