Kaspa puddle light experiments

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Ok ... I have started a new dedicated thread for this, as I have some other ideas for some cheap little mods and discovered some of the BMW bright white LED puddle lights fit the F Type

So .. my 1st attempt at a upgrade, purely as a refresher (sorry as I know I have covered this on another thread)

IMG_0113[1].JPG

IMG_0158[1].JPG

Deleted User 1088

But then I thought a puddle light should be really bright (as in the name puddle light) as the other day SHMBO dropped her keys and as nice as the graphics logo are .. they dont really illuminate the ground that well, but do admit look really nice .. but everyone has them now unless you can make your own graphics (GOBO) lens by special order which would be cool .

So I thought .. I have a blue F Type, and blue interior mood lighting so why not have a really bright blue puddle light that draws less power (current) then the 5w filament lamp originally installed from the factory ..
also remember from your school days ohm's law ? well w/v = current draw = 5/12 = 0.416 ... so let's say to make stuff easy and round up 0.5 amps and we have 2 puddle lamps .. thats 1 amp which is a lot, then you have another 1 amp for the interior lamps = 2 amps ... big battery drain plus a lot of heat being generated ... so
Deleted User 1088

Now this is one of many posts .. so this post is the blue LED puddle light post

the great thing about this mod is that you can use your original puddle light holders, so really easy mod that will cost you £12 from a reliable well trusted ebay seller .. please note I have no connection to this company

so I will let the pictures tell the story (pictures tell a thousand words and all that)
Deleted User 1088

original units removed

IMG_0169[1].JPG

Deleted User 1088

these are the high power blue led replacements I used

IMG_0173[1].JPG

Deleted User 1088

led units fitted

IMG_0176[1].JPG

IMG_0174[1].JPG

Deleted User 1088

units fitted into the original lens carriers

IMG_0193[1].JPG

IMG_0192[1].JPG

Deleted User 1088

the final results .. so just lots of pictures

IMG_0182[1].JPG

IMG_0188[1].JPG

IMG_0179[1].JPG

IMG_0178[1].JPG

IMG_0189[1].JPG

IMG_0183[1].JPG

IMG_0177[1].JPG

Deleted User 1088

just a few more .. the next few pictures will be when they are fitted to the car with some ohm's law calculations to see how much less power they consume when compared to the factory fit filament lamps (candle light) :D

IMG_0184[1].JPG

IMG_0188[1].JPG

Deleted User 1088

so thats all for tonight .. next installment will be when they are fitted to my F Type :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post