Message popped up today on dash...

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

Something like 'special modes not available '

I had it in Dynamic/sport mode using the paddles.
Gave it a bit (ok, a lot) of welly from a near standing start, and flicking into 3rd gear the message came up, Dynamic mode went off and it wouldn't switch back on (neither would snow mode work)

Got to my mates house a few miles away, and after switching engine off when starting it again all was well.

Glitch?
Something I did?

Need to let a dealer interrogate the ecu?
IRR V8R,

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Had that several times on my XE, it's not uncommon but not sure why it disables the modes.

I wouldn't worry too much over it - it's always reset by "turning it off and on again" so I just assume it's to give IT something to do :)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

You know when you were little and your parents took a toy off you as a punishment for being naughty....abusing it perhaps(?).......well......There you are Leo...... ;) (only joking :D )........but then again, it could have been a sort of safety 'cut out' mode to protect the mechanicals.

Did you notice if the engine temp was high or is the oil level a bit low?......Just thinking out of the box a little.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

When I say I gave it some welly, it was nowhere near what I used to give my Exiges - hard as nails those V6's... I hope these Jags are as tough!

Anyway.... temp was fine and as for the oil, whilst I haven't checked it yet I've only done a couple hundred miles since it's service before I bought it..
IRR V8R,
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

My favourite pop up so far is "driver assistance unavailable, please drive carefully' :) as noted above - fixed by turning it off and on again.... interestingly the dealer claims no codes logged.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Check all the fluid levels and obvious things first. If the glitch reappears you may have to do a master reboot
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩