Drivers door woofer rattle

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Hi all
It didn't take long untll my first question.

The large speaker in the drivers door in my car rattles when ever it produces any bass. I'm thinking
the speaker may have blown??
Initially i thought someone had left a screw driver jn the door pocket and it was rattling around, it's that bad.
There's no way I can tollerate it so will need to get it fixed.

Is this a problem anyone else has suffered?
Any easy fixes?

I haven't attempted to take the speaker cover off to inspect as the car has 18 months of Jag warranty left on it.
Not sure if it would be covered, my experience of warranties has not been good.
I will give the dealership a call next week but if anyone has any suggestions........apart from turn the bass down!

Thanks Mark

wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

I had the same issue and when my car was in for a service I got the technician out for a listen. Turns out it only buzzes when the door is shut, open the door and its crystal clear so technician said the vibration in the door come be anywhere and he'd have to start striping the door etc, in the end I told him to leave it as its not that bad tbh
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,
Monster

Post by Monster »

Hi, thanks for the reply. I think my issue is different as it doesnt make a difference if the door is open of closed. The rattle is definately coming from the speaker and nowhere else in the door. I've bern on my knees, door open with my ear to the speaker.
Cheers Mark
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Ah ok then, if i'm not mistaken there is a thread on here which includes a Jaguar bulletin regarding speaker rattles.
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,
Monster

Post by Monster »

Hi, many thanks. Found the Jag Technical Bulletin and my VIN is one of the effected vehicles so will speak with my dealer.
The link to the tech bulletin is below in case anyone else reads this thread.
http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-typ ... ow-151130/

Thanks again Mark
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

My woofer rattles when listening to talk radio. Music is fine. Very annoying, not too sure what to do.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post