Bluetooth pairing failure

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Xerxes2

Post by Xerxes2 »

I am having a problem pairing my Bose Headphones to a 2015 F Type. Car recognises the device but refuses to pair. Has any one any ideas?

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Perhaps it's a safety thing? It's not illegal in the UK to drive with headphones on but the police would take a dim view of it and could prosecute for driving without due care and attention so maybe they won't connect for safety reasons.
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
Xerxes2

Post by Xerxes2 »

Thanks for reply but would be surprised if deaf people were banned from driving.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Xerxes2 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:00 pm Thanks for reply but would be surprised if deaf people were banned from driving.
Accepting your comment is somewah tongue in chee re deaf drivers, the general view is:
In the UK it is not specifically illegal to drive while wearing headphones, but if the police believe a driver was distracted or not in full control of their vehicle, the driver could be stopped and penalised. See rule 148 of the Highway Code... However, in some countries, using headphones while driving is illegal. France is an instance (cars, bikes, horses, etc.)

Logic is that listening to audio etc'on speakers still allows you to hear external cues that you would not with headphones - sirens, horns, cyclists, pedestrians, etc. Reaction time is also statistically slower with in ear devices - gear changes, etc.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Xerxes2

Post by Xerxes2 »

Thanks for further info. I understand your point ... Sometimes one hears music played so loudly in cars that it hard to believe that the listener's senses aren't scrambled.. but I had not seen or heard anything about earphones being proscribed.
Xerxes2

Post by Xerxes2 »

Well I think I have solved the problem: The car is expecting to *receive* audio from something else (phone, mp3 player, etc). The car is not expecting to transmit it to somewhere else, e.g. headphones.

Both the car and the headphones are trying to play the same role - i.e. of taking audio and playing it through loudspeakers.
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

I believe that's how it is with all cars. Never heard of anyone pairing headphones to a car.
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
kevtherev

Post by kevtherev »

Take the car to dealer to get software updated, my sons new phone would pair but would keep dropping bluetooth on his mazda (2015) until he had his software updated now no problem.
steveh

Post by steveh »

I don't think it's a good idea to drive with headphones, just my opinion.
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post