Rear number plate lights.

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

A couple of days after picking my car up I noticed the rear Number plate was not lit up.
I took it into Jaguar thinking it was maybe a fuse or bulbs but was told there was condensation present & both light units needed replacing.
They are on order.
Has anyone else suffered this with a Coupe?
White MK3 Focus RS.

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

no issues with mine ....
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

One of mine had this issue with water in the light. Replaced under warranty.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

I had both tailgate number plate lights replaced under warranty by Hatfields in Wakefield because of failure with condensation inside. They made a complete hash of it damaging the plastic around the left light quite badly. So now I am waiting for new plastic trim & after only 2 weeks there is condensation in the new lights already, so they are asking Jaguar for a solution!!
Not the best start to my F-Type ownership, I can cope with a problem with the lights but do I want these people looking after my car in future?
Can anyone recommend a good dealer in the West Yorks area?
White MK3 Focus RS.
Wrighty

Post by Wrighty »

Just had my number plate light unit replaced under warranty but the service guy admitted that this is becoming an all to frequent job. Seems the unit is very susceptible to leaks and Jag need to find a solution quickly.
Cheshireqq

Post by Cheshireqq »

I have owned my ftype s for a week and already have a problem with the number plate lights. Three of the four lights have stopped working and I suspect that this problem could be water ingress. Does anyone know how to remove the bulb housing so that I can inspect the bulbs?
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

I think there is a way to remove the whole plastic subassembly when looking at TOPIX .... then you can remove the reversing lights much easier without any more trim damage
let me investigate more for you ...
M21ENO

Post by M21ENO »

Hi. Has anyone found the way to get the whole plastic number plate lamp & boot release subassembly off? There seems to be 4 cover plates - which I assume hide the fasteners - but I can’t work out which side of the covers to pry out. Anyone been there before me?
F-Type V6S RWD Convertible
Salsa Red - Cirrus - Orbit
Jcshutts

Post by Jcshutts »

M21ENO did you get an answer to this question? I’m stuck as well. Jaguar want £96 to supply the entire unit for the boot just to replace one faulty bulb - which is probably due to condensation judging by the other threads .

I’m hoping to find a solution myself
M21ENO

Post by M21ENO »

No, sorry - no answer was forthcoming. I was hoping to see how to remove the whole sub-assembly as opposed to prying out the faulty led lamp unit, which looks to be tricky to do without damaging the plastic around it. I did find someone selling the whole unit on e-bay. Their photo seems to confirm there’s fasteners under the 4 square covers. But I’ve not had chance to see how easy (or otherwise) they are to pry off. Let me know if you get any further than I have. Cheers.
F-Type V6S RWD Convertible
Salsa Red - Cirrus - Orbit

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post