Charging System and Rear Camera Fault

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
mokster

Post by mokster »

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has the same or similar experience. I've had the car for just short of 11 months and last week a "Rear Camera Fault" warning message showed up and then the centre console went completely blank, including the air-con controls. The "Charging System Fault" error message was also shown briefly. However, the car was still driving well.

I took the car in to the dealer but they said they need more time to investigate, so I'll be leaving the car with them next week to check out along with fix other issues including doors re-alignement and the parcel shelf dropping issue.

Since then, the Rear Camera and Charging System Fault continues to appear intermittenly with the centre console going blank, and unfortunatley more occassions where it is faulty than not. :cry:

Thanks.

Megatron

Post by Megatron »

I suspect there is a dodgy relay somewhere; an intermittent electrical fault happened on mine with the cooling fan and the blind spot indicator. Turned out to be a blown relay - car otherwise was fine like yours.

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

My camera is very intermittent
Not taken it a dealer yet, and to be honest, I can get by without it (although that's not really the point - it should work properly)
IRR V8R,
mokster

Post by mokster »

Thanks both,

The system is now 98% of the time unavailable including no aircon, no heated windscreen or rear glass, and no music or sat nav. I am often finding myself enjoying the exhaust note more as I have to open the window and there is nothing else to listen to.

The car is booked in with the dealer in a week to time to look into this along with Dorr realignment and the parcel shelf dropping down problem.
mokster

Post by mokster »

This has now been resolved! And interestingly, the dealer found damaged wire which affected the CAN but not sure how the damaged wire manifested...

The dealer has also been fixed. The off-side "peg" snapped off before I took it into the dealer fortunately and they have replaced it. The parcelshelf does seem to be more "stable" as the peg seems to be given more grip than before.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post