Enabling hotspot

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
wilksy

Post by wilksy »

Hi
Anyone using the WiFi hotspot feature? I have latest kit and have installed sim card - getting the live services, but not the option to use the hotspot. Anyone done this?

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Dont think its available on the F Type ..... XE yes
ludders62

Post by ludders62 »

Hi I’ve just installed an echo dot in my F Type R and the hot spot is excellent. All you need is a broadband SIM card, insert in card reader and set up in connectivity. Ps alexa is the best infotainment device for the car. I found trying to operate the touch screen quite dangerous at times. If Jaguar ever get round to activating Just Drive that would make the car totally hands free. Ps you don’t have to have the echo dot on display, the acoustics in the cabin means you can keep it in the closed center console and it only needs one cable.
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

Do you have a WiFi hotspot available from the connectivity menu? I have enabled the data services with SIM card inserted but don’t see any WiFi hotspot.
Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver
Fez

Post by Fez »

Hi the WiFi hot spot feature is not avaible on the F type. Think kaspa has all ready invesitaged. I could not find it on mine either.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

I have used my phone as the hotspot and now have the echo dot connected and playing through car speakers. Should break up the monotony of the Edinburgh to Manchester monthly commute. Not sure if Alexa plays eye spy 😀
Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver
NZ-400

Post by NZ-400 »

I had the infotainment software updated yesterday and now have the ability to configure a wifi hotspot under the connectivity menu. My phone connects to it successfully (but fruitlessly as my car doesn’t have a slot for a SIM card). So I can confirm that it is available on my MY18 F-Type.
400 Sport, white, panoramic roof, perfect
Fez

Post by Fez »

Hi Nz 400, hope you enjoying the car. Do you know when the software update was released. Do have the software number. I will like to get my 400 updated, it must have only just come out as you know my only roll out of production in Jan. It is great and all good so far. Phil.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
NZ-400

Post by NZ-400 »

Hi Fez, try as I might, I can’t find the software version number. They tried updating the software a week ago and it failed (multiple attempts). They took it back in on Friday and successfully installed it. If you know how to find out the version number, let me know. Otherwise be assured that the ‘latest’ update includes access to enable the hot spot. It also displays temperature information (inside and out) on the main dash and I’ve discovered that the screensaver includes a number of F-type images. None look the same as my car sadly.
400 Sport, white, panoramic roof, perfect
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

My 19MY has the images as screensavers and inside/outside temps but doesn’t have the Wi-Fi hotspot option. Is it F-Type model specific?
Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver