Roof not Latched Warning

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Scorchio595

Post by Scorchio595 »

Well here we are again 2 months later and the roof failed in the same manner again, embarrassingly it failed when we were at this weekends 70 years of Porsche celebration, much mocking of Jaguar build quality received.
Booked into the local Jag dealer again this morning, I have zero faith this will be a quick resolution.
Caldera Red MY19 V8 AWD R

daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

You havent had much luck with this one. It sounds like something else is blowing the motors.

Fingers crossed for you...
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Geminii

Post by Geminii »

Stu, I don't know if this is any help but will offer my similar story.

A while ago I had the same problem on my same year V6S.

Hood went down, flaps stayed up and it refused to close/lock again.

It then, about 10 mins later, decided to operate properly and continued for several days to seem back to normal.

It then failed and refused to move at all, down, flaps up, roof unlatched warning.

I too tried the manual roof close technique and to be honest could not work out how it was supposed to work until explained by my dealership.

Any way my dealer took the car in for an investigation and were completely baffled by the symptoms having never heard of it before.

After 3 days of experimentation the guy working on it went back to real basics. Another model in the dealership and he compared all the voltages and currents on that car with mine and eventually found a poor connection in the boot under the floor.

I was told, but never looked myself, that there is an old style! chocolate block style connector under there that carries alot of the roof signals. He found a loose terminal, tightened it and all has worked ever since. (2 years now). No motors/sensors required just a good technician/mechanic/electrician!

Hope you get it fixed

Dave
Scorchio595

Post by Scorchio595 »

Dave,

thanks for that I'll pass it onto the Dealership Technicians, might have a quick look to see if I can find said connection block, do I need to remove the boot trims, if so which ones?
Thanks Again
Geminii

Post by Geminii »

I have to be honest and admit I don't know. Apart from the battery cover and 'tools' panel the rest of the boot lining looks like an interlocking set of various shaped panels. There may be a forum member who has access to the Workshop assembly layout who could advise but I chickened out.

I do hope it helps your case.

Dave
Scorchio595

Post by Scorchio595 »

Update is... Still broken and @swansway Crewe don't have any idea what they are doing apart from emailing Jaguar Technical for things to try. Latest was another Motor replaced and that didn't work so back to square one. I have raised a customer complaint to swansway group as this is getting nowhere. However, I have read reviews on facebook that the care team don't respond either and the directors aren't bothered either when you contact them directly. ( I have heard similar about Jaguar UK Care team, so not holding my breath on those either)
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Keep pushing - i guess thats all you can do!

Rubbish service.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

Wel well well another one.

Your lucky the roof was down.

Mine failed up and....yes sir you will need a new roof! [emoji50]
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
idris ahmed

Post by idris ahmed »

Hi all,i have a 2014 f-type with side cover mechanism up and convertible roof not opening.Can someone give an adivce on how to fix this problem.
Scorchio595

Post by Scorchio595 »

Hi All, update...
I got the car back 2 weeks ago, this has been an epic saga and too much to put on here and bore everyone. However, having followed JLR processes to check masses of stuff they eventually re checked the 2 motors they originally replaced way back in June. Having swapped them out again the roof works again. You will probably see from the timeline I was without the car again for another 2 months and missed the glorious summer. All I can say is that yes the dealership need chasing everyday to make sure they are nagging JLR technical and engineering, but it's the lack of JLR responsiveness and assistance that is the most frustrating part of all this. In this competitive market place and the price of these cars they have zero regard for aftersales commitment or customer service.

On a positive note I was told the labour bill alone for investigating the issue was over £2k, clearly having replaced the same motors again I was not charged a penny for the fix this time. Additionally, I have noticed that they have replaced the whole rear roof seals around the hood and bodywork, I am suspecting that the issue could have been caused by water ingress into the motor or electrics, although the dealership didn't suggest this was the issue. You all may want to just check the roof seal is watertight.

I'm not convinced they have found the actual root cause of the fault, I will over time if the issue returns. Finally, on the back of all this I have taken out a comprehensive warranty to cover the car in the event future issues arise.

Fingers crossed I'm not posting on the issue again and hope nobody else has to go through this pain.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post