One- shot window closing (or whatever it’s called)

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

First off, I’m not a newbie - couldn’t log in on my iPad under my other name (Leo’s Big Nipple) no matter what I did!

Anyway, drove the car for the first time in 7 weeks today, but noticed both windows won’t go up automatically with one pull / push of the button.
They go down ok just not up.

I’ve RTFM and tried to do as it says many times to reset, but just can’t get them to work.

Any ideas?
Engine on, engine off?
Anything .....?

Cheers
IRR V8R

Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Should work with the ignition on.

Is the battery a bit low of not used for 7 weeks.

Good to know you're on the mend anyway.
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Thanks mate.
Still got my knee in a brace but ins co said I’m okay to drive being auto, but I still can’t physically drive our other manual cars (which are the practical ones!)

The car has been on a CTEK so the battery’s fine
Can’t understand how the windows go down automatically but not up...
IRR V8R
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Thinking about it, I read something similar on the US site, so it may be a Nanny state thing to prevent anyone decapitating themselves.
Kiwanja

Post by Kiwanja »

It may have lost its home position, try sending the window all the way down then back to the top and when it stops operate the switch twice in the up position direction within a second. Switch off ignition and then start the car and try the window. I have had this problem and this sorted it.

Hope it helps/work...
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

I’ll try that one tomorrow, cheers.

Been playing with it for about 30 mins tonight - all permutations (except the one above) have proved fruitless.

It’s a small issue I know, but none the less, bloody annoying...

Actually one other thing that I assume is connected - I locked the car, then unlocked it and held the unlock fob button down - global opening works, but not global closing.
IRR V8R
ty27rv

Post by ty27rv »

Global closing doesn't work because of this issue. Happens fairly regularly on mine. Just happened yesterday and fixed it in a minute.

What I do is hold the window button down till it opens the window fully. Release button
Then hold it up till it fully closes. Release and pull up again to close (obviously there is no more to close). Release and pull up again to close. Keep pulling button up like that for 6 or 7 times. You hear a tick every time.
Then keep holding button down to fully open. Release and press down on the button again to open like you did when pulling up to close. Do this also for like 6 or 7 times.
It should go up automatically again. If it doesnt just keep repeating this procedure till it works. Once I spent 5 minutes continually doing this for it to work

Should work eventually by doing this

Its very strange but I read that this "resets" the window. I dont know. All I know is that it works and its annoying but the car makes up for these little knocks

Oh and I had tried all the other "fixes" but this is the only one I found that works and I discovered it when I spent 15 minutes trying all the other fixes then our of desparation I just tried a mix of them all and to my amazement it worked

I suck at directions sorry but If you don't understand I can do a quick vid for you
what's the use?
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Thanks for the above.

Just tried it several times - it’s not having it!

Add to that, my reverse camera decided it didn’t want to work today...
IRR V8R
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Did this to mine today. Worked first time...

Start engine. Open window to any height. Close window fully. Take finger off then press up again for 2 seconds. You can actually here something ‘click’ whilst doing this.

Fully open window, take finger off button. Then press down again for 2 seconds.

Auto close now works 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

So engine on, not just ignition on?
IRR V8R