Engine fail on a F-Type R AWD after only 11,000 miles

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

JLR should be sorting this, they should not be denying warranty on what is an expensive car, very expensive car that is well within its service routine. I'd be pushing for a 100% fix by them, you should not have to put a penny towards the repair.

Treborman

Post by Treborman »

Further update

The total repair bill now comes to £20,000! The £12,000 I was originally quoted was for just the cost of the engine. Jaguar have only agreed to pay 70% of that amount, so In order to get the car back I need to cover the remaining 30%. I asked for the engine so I can get my own report done. My request was refused because Jaguar insist on the engine being returned to them. It sounds very much like JLR are trying to avoid me looking deeper into this.

I don't understand why I'm being treated like this.
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Think you need some legal advice.
Good luck.
IRR V8R
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

8k to fit an engine whos doing the work a f1 racing team ffs
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

They are extracting the michael - time to look at legal remedies and consider involving Trading Standards or Financial Ombudsman. Disgraceful behaviour by JLR IMHO.
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

If it were me I wouldn’t discuss such a significant issue in open forum now it’s reached this point. It needs resolving off line between customer and JLR
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

I would think you're entitled to a copy of their findings or at least some explanation. After all, as it's your fault (presumably), you need to know what you've been doing to cause such a dramatic failure.
howard

Post by howard »

There's something fishy here. I dont believe that they would try and wriggle over that small delay - it doesnt make business sense.. Seems to me that Jaguar think that the OP and or the dealer have conributed to the issue even if the OP reckons he hasnt. Either that or the OP has been landed with a complete idiot at the other end.

Jaguars 70% of the engine cost in practise means this issue costs them nothing
Nick

Post by Nick »

wonder what happened here any real time update
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

What are the exact rules regarding maintaining the correct service periods, to ensure that the warranty is not impacted.
Does the car have to be serviced before either mileage or date is reached or is there any leeway?

I ask this as I will be away in my F Type on the exact date the next service is due. Mileage is no issue as I will be well below this.

If the car is serviced a week after the 365 day (the due service date) would this be classified as overdue and potentially nullify the warranty?
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post