Service Warning Indicator

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Car is approximately nine months old and less than three thousand miles, service indicator advises service due in circa 1100 miles. I wouldn’t have been surprised if it had quoted a time period but hadn’t expected a mileage advice to next service.

Any thoughts on likely cause or if I should be concerned?
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels

Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

I guess its worked out that in 1100 miles with your current mileage the car will be a year old.
The service internal is 16.000 miles or every 12 months. Don't be late with either or Jaguar will not honour you warranty.
White MK3 Focus RS.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I've never seen the service reminder come up on the F type, but our XE which is also a 65 plate always counts down to about a month/1000 miles earler than the actual due date.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Thanks for the comments, my initial thoughts were it had calculated the time to when the service was due and used an estimated mileage but on reflection that wouldn’t work if I subsequently had a high mileage month and three months seems a long time forward.

I have since telephoned the local Jaguar dealer and they feel it’s an error and said if I take the car in they will reset the service indicator.

I have never had the problem with other cars with similar systems and just surprised that the warning appeared at this stage.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Yep, this is a known fault.

There is a fix for it that takes no longer than an hour or two to upload. Details are somewhere in this forum.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

what Tel said - a software update "fixed" mine; I was sure the car was due a service and had to ring Jag to check (a downside to an online service history) to confirm. I'm slightly concerned if JLR are using an "it's not been serviced at the appropriate time" excuse to avoid big bills for an engine replacement that someone had mentioned in another thread

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Thanks for the extra comments. The garage didn’t say anything about updating the software just that they would reset it, I will follow this up with them.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post