Part no. for gloss black window surround and scraper strip

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Hi,

As I mentioned in another thread I'm looking to upgrade my Firesand F-Type R to "black pack" (currently has chrome trim). The price quoted by my local dealer is however very high - if I compare part prices if I buy geniune Jaguar parts online with the *material* cost quoted by the dealer, there's potential to save 30-50 % cost.

I've found the part numbers for the side vents and front grille surround, but I'm missing the part numbers for the gloss black window surround and the window scraper strip.

Anybody know a good way to find those?

Thanks!

Jonas

Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Resolved thanks to the good folks at Britcar. For reference:

RH window trim is T2R25430, LH is T2R25432.

Then you will need T2R11256 and T2R11257.

Waist seal is T2R11258 and T2R11259.
greg_rovers

Post by greg_rovers »

Hi Jonas,

I'd love to get the black pack fitted to my car in place of the chrome. Can I ask how much you were quoted by dealer? And what you saved by buying the parts individually and having them fitted.

Thanks

Greg
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

I’ve had this work done by a Jaguar Main Dealer. Invoice including part numbers below...

1577B6DE-ECD4-4376-A547-9F68AF1E094E.jpeg

Not a job I considered doing myself. I’m sure Jaguar would love turning a warranty claim down for water ingress, wind noise etc 😳
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
greg_rovers

Post by greg_rovers »

Thanks Darren that's really helpfull.

I'd love to have it done but not sure I can justify £2k when I'm (supposed to be) saving for a wedding.

Did you look into getting the parts wrapped? Not sure if this would be a decent cut price alternative.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Greg,

No problem at all. Yes I did. A friend owns Blueprint Nottingham. They are at the top end of the wrapping game but a couple of things put me off. Firstly, our cars are new & quite rare. They’d done no other work on F-Types & Ididn’t fancy my pride & joy being pulled about, wing mirrors on/off etc. I consider our cars quite delicate over BMW/Audi. When watching those videos of cars being stripped I always think they aren't put back completely right. Im a bit precious with my car & didn’t want any issues with water ingress, wind etc. Secondly, although wrapping looks fine, how long would it last, what if you catch it washing or brushing against it.

It was important to me to get it done right, first time & permanently. When I purchased car, Jaguar Approved, it had everything I wanted, white, pan-roof, active exhaust & low mileage garage queen. The chrome trim was an issue but knew it could be removed. Everything else I’m doing as & when but the black pack & front grill took priority.

Someone on here has gone down the wrapping route. I’m sure I’ve got a PM off him & will dig it out for you.

Good luck whichever route you take 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
greg_rovers

Post by greg_rovers »

Hi Darren,

Yeah looking through the old posts I found one where someone has had the parts wrapped on a purple f type. Might be the whole car is wrapped.

It's hard to tell how good it looks from the picture but I see your point about non-jaguar people pulling the car apart. My car came with a 2 year second hand warranty so might be something to try once that expires.

I didn't have my heart set on the black pack when looking at cars but I'd now like to get the alloys powder coated in the satin grey colour. I don't think it will look right with the chrome details.

Might just have to put off for a couple of years and stump up the £2k.

Greg
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Greg,

The company that wrapped the F-Type is based in Stockport. Not sure if that’s your neck of 5r woods?

If your car is a keeper, I would certainly go down the OEM Jaguar dealer route. Just not worth it for such a critical area of the vehicle.

Cheers,

Darren
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views