Disabling Keyless Entry

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

At last - there is a way to do this. I've done it on my 2013 F-Type and it works fine. I'm not bothered about keyless entry and it's a huge theft problem now.

Original posting for credit here: https://www.facebook.com/lespotts4wh...2689120106801/
What is Relay Theft?

Relay Theft is the process criminals use to steal a car with keyless entry. Firstly, they buy a relay amplifier and a relay transmitter; these electronic devices can be purchased easily on the internet.

Next, they identify a house with a nice car parked outside and by using these devices, one criminal then stands by the car with his transmitter, while a second, with his receiver walks around the perimeter of the house. If the car key is close enough the receiver will detect its signal, amplify it and send it to the accomplice’s transmitter.

The accomplice’s transmitter then effectively becomes the key, and the car then thinks the real key is nearby, where upon the thief is able to open the car, get in and drive away. The whole process can take as little as 60 seconds and can be completed in near silence.

With the keyless system switched off it is impossible for someone to open your vehicle using this method.

1. Open driver's door (using fob)
2. Key fob inside car
3. Press headlamp button on the key fob 3 times
4. Press unlock button on the key fob once
5. Keys outside car
6. Close driver's door
7. Lock car using the fob
8. Unlock car using the fob 

Same procedure again to re-enable it, except press the lock button at step 4.

You have to make sure (i think) you first unlock and then re-lock the car with the fob, not the keyless button on the door.

Your car is now more secure.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.

m_101

Post by m_101 »

Does this also disable the keyless lock and alarm setting? Where you push the handle in twice and it beeps, same as if you press lock button on fob twice? I would assume so but just checking.
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Yes. you need to press the fob to do anything lock or unlock related.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Excellent post Daytona...shame this web forum can't support stickies....this kind of stuff needs to be 'up there'.

I specced our second F-Type without keyless entry for this exact reason.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Tel wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:45 am Excellent post Daytona...shame this web forum can't support stickies....this kind of stuff needs to be 'up there'.
Actually it does.
If you drop Rob a pm and ask him to make it a sticky I'm sure he will oblige.
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

I love keyless entry and won't switch it off. Surely it must be easier to have a Faraday pouch or box such as this in the house, simply slip the key in when you get home.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blocker-Umydea ... aday+pouch
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
AsifG

Post by AsifG »

I've just bought a 2014 V6S and have been trying to disable keyless entry using the above but no joy.

I'm tech-savvy but this just isn't working for me! Tried it a few times but no luck. It's pretty straightforward so if anyone has any ideas what could be wrong I'd be grateful to hear!
basher

Post by basher »

I've bought a pair of Faraday pouches from Amazon. Less than £10. They work a treat. Stood right next to my car door and handle did not open.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
AsifG

Post by AsifG »

basher wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:15 pm I've bought a pair of Faraday pouches from Amazon. Less than £10. They work a treat. Stood right next to my car door and handle did not open.
I've got a couple of them too but not really practical for me and I'd rather just disable keyless go but not have any luck so far
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I also was unable to do this using the process outlined above.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post