Disabling Keyless Entry

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

The simple fact remains that professional car thieves don’t use relays. They break into your house whilst you’re asleep and steal the keys.

If you have upvc doors then you have cheap eurolocks installed. They get a wrench device insert it and then snap the lock barrel in half, you won’t hear it. They remove the barrel and the door is unlocked.

I went to our locksmith and for £200 they supplied new locks that were safer. They will still snap under pressure but in a sacrificial spot which won’t allow them to remove the barrel lock.

Well worth it.

Sleep tight folks. Sorry.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy

Patrick C

Post by Patrick C »

Just wrap your key in aluminium foil.. it does the trick too
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

My house is a faraday cage, it is steel and concrete construction throughout (which is a pain for my wi-fi). Nonetheless as Tall dad says nothing will stop thieves if they want what you have and know of cases near us where they have done exactly as Tall dad stated and have broken in and either taken keys or woken people up and demanded the keys. Your best bet is always just to make sure you are not the weakest link in the street and that it is far easier to take my neighbours Porsche than my Jaguar as I have gates, security cameras and a locked garage - all easy enough to get past if you want, but next doors Porsche sits on their front and they have no fences around the front of their property, lot's of trees, and is just a 20 metre walk from the street to where their car is parked.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
scm

Post by scm »

Hammers wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:18 am... it is far easier to take my neighbours Porsche than my Jaguar as I have gates, security cameras and a locked garage - all easy enough to get past if you want, but next door's Porsche sits on their front and they have no fences around the front of their property, lot's of trees, and is just a 20 metre walk from the street to where their car is parked.
You're relying on the thieves having no taste, though! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

scm wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:31 am
Hammers wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:18 am... it is far easier to take my neighbours Porsche than my Jaguar as I have gates, security cameras and a locked garage - all easy enough to get past if you want, but next door's Porsche sits on their front and they have no fences around the front of their property, lot's of trees, and is just a 20 metre walk from the street to where their car is parked.
I’m really hoping the thieves in my area have worse than no taste, my neighbour has a Nissan Qashqai! 😂
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

scm wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:31 am
Good call :P
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post