Engine Oil Temperature Guage

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Genesiswalker

Post by Genesiswalker »

Temp.jpg

Maybe it's just me being an idiot (not the 1st time I can tell you!), but I only noticed today that my engine oil temperature gauge doesn't seem to show a readout (see attached photo) - am I missing something here? I thought there would be a line, much like the fuel readout, on the temperature range shown on the gauge.

Maybe someone could post a photo of their readout for me to compare?

Many thanks.
MY16, V6S, Italian Racing Red, 20" Black Chrome Gyrodynes, Pan Roof, Black Pack, Winter Pack, Visibility Pack, Keyless Entry, Performance Seats, Power Tailgate.

Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Your display is different to mine so probably a newer MY.

Oil condition is a mystery with these cars. No pressure or temp monitoring, no dipstick to check condition and only electronic level measurement.
Genesiswalker

Post by Genesiswalker »

Thanks for that. Mine's a MY16 if that helps?
MY16, V6S, Italian Racing Red, 20" Black Chrome Gyrodynes, Pan Roof, Black Pack, Winter Pack, Visibility Pack, Keyless Entry, Performance Seats, Power Tailgate.
JohnGB

Post by JohnGB »

The left hand gauge is the water temperature rather than oil.

The small triangular arrow indicates the current temperature.

John
Stratus Grey V6S AWD Convertable, Black Pack, Tornado Wheels, Ivory Performance Seats, Blind Spot Monitoring, Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. - Gone but not forgotten.
Genesiswalker

Post by Genesiswalker »

DOH!! Did not know that! Never noticed that arrow move at all - told you I was stoooopid!

Many thanks John, I feel totally edumicated now.

All the best,

Iain.
JohnGB

Post by JohnGB »

:lol: No problem Iain, glad to be of assistance.

John
Stratus Grey V6S AWD Convertable, Black Pack, Tornado Wheels, Ivory Performance Seats, Blind Spot Monitoring, Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. - Gone but not forgotten.
m_101

Post by m_101 »

Mine looks the same as that and yes the arrow does move. Never quite understood why they did it asymmetrically!
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Genesiswalker wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:46 am DOH!! Did not know that! Never noticed that arrow move at all - told you I was stoooopid!

Many thanks John, I feel totally edumicated now.

All the best,

Iain.
These are dampened ‘gauges’ too so not really temperature more a comfort thing. They will only move on major temp changes, or so they do on my XF and earlier F Type
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post