Buzzing on acceleration and grate on turning right

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

That makes more sense as I thought it was electric. Aware my mine has vacuum exhaust activation. Might take a look at that, but can’t see why it would buzz on light throttle on and off
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Loose heat shield?
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:31 am That makes more sense as I thought it was electric. Aware my mine has vacuum exhaust activation. Might take a look at that, but can’t see why it would buzz on light throttle on and off
Hello .. yes I do agree with you that doesn't make sense ?
Deleted User 1088

Any news or update ??
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

kaspa wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:41 pm Any news or update ??
Yes indeed. Car in this morning and we have multiple results:

Graunching on front is a combination or having the largest disks and them being worn. On the inside edge a ring of corrosion builds up and under flex of turning right (for OS) it's enough to touch a part of the suspension. They ground the rust off the disc and it's was all fixed - FoC

Buzzing is exactly where I thought it was (you know how noises travel) the earlier models do indeed have an electric motor as you mentioned to drive a vacuum for the active exhausts. It had also gone wrong as it's not supposed to replicate engine RPM. Under JTB00365SV2 the electric motor will be removed and replaced with the later gen engine vacuum system. Result that it will be done FoC

Third issue was window wind noise and not wiping the glass when lowered. I had new glass and 2nd gen seals fitted last year. After some debate when they stated it was a different seal with my 'just how many seals are there...?' the dealer agrees that as the seal has fallen off and there is only one, it will be replaced and fixed under parts warranty - FoC

All booked for early next month :D
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Deleted User 1088

well done

great result .. what dealer out of interest as they seem helpful :)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Lancaster in Tamworth
Yes - very helpful in diagnosis.
Tech went out with me and I drove to demo the faults as so often you wait and hear back 'not replicated'
They even sent me a video while I was sat working in their reception area of the inside of the disc showing the corrosion issue and then usual walk around the car, tyres, etc.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster