Passenger door not unlocking

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Dazza67

Post by Dazza67 »

Hi all
Just had the interesting sight of my 23 year old daughter having to climb over from the passenger side to drivers side to get out of the car as the passenger door flatly refuses to unlock.
It was absolutely fine, she had exited using the normal process 10 minutes earlier but now steadfastly remains shut. Trying to unlock from inside it just makes a clunk and the light on the 'locked' symbol remains on, but goes off in the drivers side. Handle pops out externally but that's it.
I've checked all the settings I can find on the menu, but is there something stupid that I'm missing.
Cheers
Darrell
Ebony Black V6S convertible

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

sorry for you problems ... can't help on this one, I don't think we have child locks (but glad to be corrected)

trip to the dealer or if out of warranty a good independent .. like jagtechnic

http://jagtechnic.co.uk/
Dazza67

Post by Dazza67 »

Thanks Kaspa, resigned to going to dealers as it's under extended warranty but it sorted itself out this afternoon so not sure what's going on.
Hopefully just a one off.
Roger T

Post by Roger T »

This passenger door not unlocking happened to me and my wife who was locked in was not amused. She did get out by climbing over and I did unlock it by pulling the fuse for the door module and then replacing it, locking it up and unlocking from outside the car, (note the fuse is labelled drivers door on a RHD car). I have put the reason for it happening down to having drive away locking and two stage unlocking selected and then my wife trying to get out the car before me. I have deselected these features and had no further problems.
Dazza67

Post by Dazza67 »

Thanks Roger, both of those features are selected so I'll deselect and hopefully not have the issue again.
Cheers
JonLobb

Post by JonLobb »

Hi
Just had the same issue. Had to lower the roof so my son could hop out.
Went to menu deactivated auto lock.
Not sure if that was a solution but did it anyway.
I then double locked the car by pressing the lock button twice rapidly.
Then unlocked the car and opened the passenger door from the outside.
Seems to now work fine, will post if I have another issue.
DFW

Post by DFW »

Yep, had the same problem, twice. Each time it fixed itself after a few days.

I think it might be a soft door close causing the latch to stick. I could hear the actuator working just didn't disengage the lock.

It's interesting most/all report of this are with the passenger door and not the drivers
gfoxsteve

Post by gfoxsteve »

Had the same problem on mine, only the passenger door. Switched off drive away locking and not had a problem since
Carpetman0569

Post by Carpetman0569 »

Last month I had a problem with the drivers door not closing. A jaguar tech guy came out but said he couldn’t fix it as a new latch was needed. It went into jaguar and a new latch fitted. Today I can’t open the door. Handle pops out and I can hear the mechanism work but the door won’t open. The car is only 4 months old btw...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post