Front parking sensor

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
JAGFLAD

Post by JAGFLAD »

I was washing my 6 month old F Type today and noticed one on the from parking sensors missing, does anyone know if this would be covered under the warranty ?
Thanks

Myer

Post by Myer »

Most certainly not!

It has most probably been stolen, even in the unlikely event it became unclipped and popped out the connector and cable would have held it secure.

If the cable and connector are in place or if the cable has been cut it has probably been nicked.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I suspect it has been pushed back and just dropped inside the bumper and is hanging on the loom

They just clip in, so easy to fall out of the locating tube if not fully clicked in place
Rears you may be able to reach but for your front a partial bumper off
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
JAGFLAD

Post by JAGFLAD »

Thanks very much for your responses, I hope it has just fell back in to the bumper. It is the one in the little grill on the side of the bumper, any ideas how to remove it to see if I can fix it myself ?
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

JAGFLAD wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:23 pm Thanks very much for your responses, I hope it has just fell back in to the bumper. It is the one in the little grill on the side of the bumper, any ideas how to remove it to see if I can fix it myself ?
Well I’m not going to give you a video guide, but I’d remove enough fixings to flex the top of the bumper forward and reach in. That would be across the leading top edge. Bumper to wing and wheel arch.
That should do, but exact location is different on each bumper cover design
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
JAGFLAD

Post by JAGFLAD »

Dealer sorted it free of charge as it had just popped in.. thanks to Swansway Jaguar Crewe
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

JAGFLAD wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:37 am Dealer sorted it free of charge as it had just popped in.. thanks to Swansway Jaguar Crewe
Glad all sorted - easy fix as suggested with it just
pushed in
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post