Pilot Sport 4S - 19" fronts

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
captainham

Post by captainham »

Lunar wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:37 pm viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2329
:o :lol:
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT

01286p

Post by 01286p »

Just looked at the Oponeo site, the prices offered for other makes of tyre seem extremely low,has anybody tried any of these, especially the Dunlop.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Just bought a set of 20" from Camskill for £830 ish.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

01286p wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:24 pm Just looked at the Oponeo site, the prices offered for other makes of tyre seem extremely low,has anybody tried any of these, especially the Dunlop.
You get what you pay for with tyres. Premium, mid, budget and ditch finders
Decide on what you want and then compare Oponeo, black circles and the others and see who can supply only or supply and fit at best price. Generally they are not far apart in prices
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
01286p

Post by 01286p »

I was going to fit the Pilot Sports to my 2016 F type, but, being a cautious person when it comes to Jaguar Warranty asked them if ok and would not invalidate warranty, written reply was we only endorse / recommend Pirelli and Continental. So will probably run on Pirelli for another 18 months until warranty expires.
"S" Badged Coupe in Italian racing Red. and all the gizmos
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Out of interest, I called Michelin and asked what tyre they would suggest for the F Type.
PS4S was their recommendation.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

01286p wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:30 pm I was going to fit the Pilot Sports to my 2016 F type, but, being a cautious person when it comes to Jaguar Warranty asked them if ok and would not invalidate warranty, written reply was we only endorse / recommend Pirelli and Continental. So will probably run on Pirelli for another 18 months until warranty expires.
I've seen this nonsense from Jaguar before.
Notice they didn't say that it would invalidate your warranty only that they "endorse/recommend Pirelli and Contis".
Well they would do as it's a nice little earner and keep their suppliers happy.
The thing is you can fit whatever make you like provided they are the same size, speed and load rating as the original equipment.
If it did cause warranty issues then the manual would say you can only fit tyres of certain manufacturers and it doesn't.
From the 2016 F-Type manual:

Screenshot-2018-3-22 Jaguar Owner Information.png

john-handy

Post by john-handy »

I will be going MP4S in the summer :D
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

01286p wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:30 pm I was going to fit the Pilot Sports to my 2016 F type, but, being a cautious person when it comes to Jaguar Warranty asked them if ok and would not invalidate warranty, written reply was we only endorse / recommend Pirelli and Continental. So will probably run on Pirelli for another 18 months until warranty expires.
"S" Badged Coupe in Italian racing Red. and all the gizmos
I received a similar answer to yours when I emailed them and, they additionally added, "Owners are free to use any tyres of their choice. However, the proviso we would add would be that we have not tested them for use with our vehicles."

That, and that they didn't answer the direct question regarding invalidating the warranty, would leave them in a weak position if it was used to avoid a warranty issue.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

This really gets my goat - and no, that’s not the words that were on my mind!

Such utter rubbish.

Fit the PS4S and have a more planted, safer and less stressful drive. In comparison the Pirelli on the F-Type are sh1t
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post