NAVIGATION SYSTEM ROUTING

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
howard

Post by howard »

2016 system if they have changed. Is there any way of uploading a route planned on the PC using google or garmin ie a gpx file. Going to LeMans and I dont want to just get routed down the main roads.

Second question. On the nav system oin my boat its possible to offset the position of the boat from the centre of the screen so that you have, for example, three quarters of the screen used to show whats in front of you. Can this be done with the Jag system.

Or am I going to have to fasten my garmin to the screen and turn off the jag system?

captainham

Post by captainham »

The JLR system, particularly in a 2016 (same as mine) is absolute pants. I always use the TomTom app on my phone so if I were you, I'd just go with your Garmin.

I don't believe you can do any of the things you're wanting to.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
howard

Post by howard »

This is really frustrating. I use Here on my phone because its better than the Garmin I have or the TomTom I have tried. And the software in the Jag system comes from the Here organisation so I assume that the software is compatible. Whats more I can use the Here software on the PC to work out a nice scenic route so I have the route file on the PC. I can even buy updated Jaguar maps from Here to install using the USB port.

So I have a compatible route file and a way of updating the maps. It should be easy to bridge that gap.

The problem is getting to someone with real know how rather than the usual useless customer help desk.
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I bought a tomtom and dont use on the onboard sat nav - it's terrible!
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Waze on my phone for me.
I contacted Jaguar and waze and asked if they could put it on InControl......no luck of course.
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

+1 for Waze and Google Maps. Don't bother with OE satnav.
AL1

Post by AL1 »

For those using Waze, and you just using the audio instructions, or have you found a solution for a phone holder
captainham

Post by captainham »

I use a Scosche magic mount from Amazon
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

AL1 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:27 pm For those using Waze, and you just using the audio instructions, or have you found a solution for a phone holder
Can recommend the holder from a forum member here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1726
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

Going against the grain here, but I have the new system 2018 model car and the sat nav is fantastic, just plan my route on my phone/pc using Jags route planner adding waypoints if necessary then get into car and boom route is there (uses 3g data sim card).
Can't fault the new infotainment system tbh regular free map updates (over the next 3 years) I also use Waze on my phone for my other car but don't need to in the F-type ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post