Tyres - Final Post!

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
sixk8

Post by sixk8 »

HI FOLKS JUST A SHORT REPLY AFTER HAVING MY F TYPE FOR OVER 3YRS ON ORIGINAL P ZERO HAVE FINALLY CHANGED THEM TO MICHELIN 4 S MY GOD WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN THE WET CAN PULL AWAY WITHOUT REAR END SLIDING OUT AT ABOUT 10MPH AND NO IM NOT LEAD FOOTED JUST FOUND THE PIRELLI TYRE LITTLE GRIP IN THE WET / COLD , IF ANY ONE IS THINKING OF CHANGING TYRE THEN I WOULD RECOMEND THE MICHELIN 4 S HANDS DOWN

Kevs F Type

Post by Kevs F Type »

This thread suggests Michelin Sport 4s tyres for the F Type all round, however my 3.0 S has 275/35x19 rear which Michelin do, however Michelin do not make a 4s in 245/40x19 …. Should I get Michelin Sport 4 all round or Michelin Sport 4s on the rear, and Sport 4 on the front????
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6 S Coupe in Polaris White - Pan Roof, Cold Climate Pack, Reverse Camera Parking Pack, Powered Tailgate, 14w Memory Seat Pack, Configuable Dynamics, Meridian Sound...
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Just switched to four Michelin PS4S after 23,000 miles on the Pirelli's.

Whilst the worn Pirelli's are a well known nightmare in the wet and cold, the Michelin's are also immediately better even in the 25C plus temperatures at the moment. Car feels more together somehow, grippier, it's also quieter and the ride is more compliant.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
basher

Post by basher »

Mick,

Where did you get them fitted?
And, if you don't mind me asking, how much?
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Through blackcircles and fitted at ATS Chichester. £880. (I think F1 Autocentre might be slightly cheaper at the mo). ATS book 1 hour time slots, so there was no waiting, nice people too and torque set properly etc. They probably get a few Jags and Aston's in as the main dealer is just across the road.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
basher

Post by basher »

Thx.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post