Nav map update on USB...3 hours???

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
neptun

Post by neptun »

Hi!
Just got the nav update USB-stick delivered for my 2014 V6 S. So i thaught i would just pop out before dinner to update, but when reading the update installation instruction. It says that it may take up to 3h, and that i should have the engine running for the whole process?
Hmm running the engine for 3 hours feels like a loooooong time?
Has anyone had their navsystem updated and can confirm that it takes that long?
Last edited by neptun on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

I can't comment on what particular update system you are using but on the current Pro system, uploading from the stick to the car takes about 10-15 minutes.
Seacourt

Post by Seacourt »

I did my updates (on my 2013 V6s) last year and it took a good long while, at least 2 hours I think.

I went for a long long drive but I don't think it matters if you turn the car off it just picks up from where you left off but you can't use any of the other functions whilst it does the upgrade..

Seacourt.
F Type V6S Convertible 2013.
West London.
neptun

Post by neptun »

Ok , thanks for the info. Good to hear that you can drive the car whilst updating.
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

My car went to the dealer because the rear camera was very intermittent- when I picked it up they said they'd had to do 4 updates on various systems
Wonder if the sat nav was updated too..
IRR V8R
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Had a map upgrade thrown in with the deal, but the stick didn't arrive in time so did it myself and yes, it's a long process.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post