V6 Engine Durability

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
liichtspruddeleg

Post by liichtspruddeleg »

Dear all,
I ordered a F-Type V6 manual last week and am now eagerly looking forward to the delivery. As it will be my fun car and I have fallen in love with the design, I intend to keep it potentially until it falls apart. I was wondering whether anyone on this board has an idea about the durability of the engine? Has anyone more than 100k km/miles on the clock? How many km/m do you think the engine is good for?
All the best and thanks!

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello,

One for sale on AT done a tad under 90k. Like all things mechanical, regular servicing & not ragged should ensure longevity đź‘Ť
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

From what i know of the engine in the XF and XJ its got a very good reputation. There have been injector issues with some engines, but not a great deal in the scheme of things.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
captainham

Post by captainham »

A few injector issues, a smaller number of fuel rail issues, but nothing major/large-scale that I've heard of....so fingers cross, should last if you look after it. I'm planning to keep mine until something breaks that can no longer be repaired, which will more likely be an ECU that's no longer available or similar electrical component as opposed to a mechanical one!
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post