Sat Nav not speaking

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

My sat nav doesn’t speak to me.

It’s definately not muted.

When I come to a turn etc. The radio volume reduces, as if the Sat Nav is going to speak, but nothing come out. When the radio volume reduces I increase the volume to try and turn the Sat Nav voice up, but nothing happens.

Does anyone have any ideas. I’m guessing the Sat Nav speaks through the radio speakers.

The car is a 2018 MY v8R with surround sound upgrade.

I’m not sure if this is linked to my SIM issue. Probably need to take the car in to Jaguar under warranty.

Thanks
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

If you have looked in the Nav settings and it definitely isn't muted then I think a trip to the dealer is needed.
If the volume is right down it does take quite a few presses on the volume button to bring it back to life.
Kdes

Post by Kdes »

I don’t know about the MY18 model but on my 16 the volumes for the radio, nav, phone, traffic announcements are all independent of each other and can be set separately so it’s possible to mute or lower announcements and other sounds are fine. Caught me out when first had the car.
Kev
Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY
NZ-400

Post by NZ-400 »

Mine is the same, a byproduct of having the software updated on my In Control Touch Pro a few weeks ago. I’m told that it will be addressed when my car goes in for a service later this month.
400 Sport, white, panoramic roof, perfect