Centre Air Vent

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

john-handy wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 3:57 pm
Backfire wrote:I'm confused now. The dealer, when he ran through the climate control with me, definitely said that it only rises when calling for cool air, and that's what it's always done. All through the cold weather it stayed firmly down, automatically popping up on the first warm day. Could there be a difference between model years or Coupe and Convertible?
Sounds like you have it in active only.....play with the controls on the touch screen there are options on where you want the air to come form.

If one option is not blue (the top one) then the vent will not rise unless AC calls for it.

Simples :)
Hello

Yes can confirm in auto, the central air vent only rises in auto when colder air is required .... unless I have in full manual mode

Genesiswalker

Post by Genesiswalker »

Backfire wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:06 pm No, that is correct. Only rises when the cabin is calling for cool air. You can set it permanently up in the menus but it won't change the airflow through it.
Many thanks for that, at least I'm not going mental here!!
MY16, V6S, Italian Racing Red, 20" Black Chrome Gyrodynes, Pan Roof, Black Pack, Winter Pack, Visibility Pack, Keyless Entry, Performance Seats, Power Tailgate.
Genesiswalker

Post by Genesiswalker »

john-handy wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 3:57 pm
Backfire wrote:I'm confused now. The dealer, when he ran through the climate control with me, definitely said that it only rises when calling for cool air, and that's what it's always done. All through the cold weather it stayed firmly down, automatically popping up on the first warm day. Could there be a difference between model years or Coupe and Convertible?
Sounds like you have it in active only.....play with the controls on the touch screen there are options on where you want the air to come form.

If one option is not blue (the top one) then the vent will not rise unless AC calls for it.

Simples :)
That's great, many thanks - will have a fiddle with setting again to see what pops up (or not!!)
MY16, V6S, Italian Racing Red, 20" Black Chrome Gyrodynes, Pan Roof, Black Pack, Winter Pack, Visibility Pack, Keyless Entry, Performance Seats, Power Tailgate.
Tel

Post by Tel »

JurassicF wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:37 pm Top down on mine today, set at 23degc and the fan on manual 2/3rds blowing through footwell and face vents with warm air.
All of a sudden the fan started to make a loud strange noise.
Turned the fan down and the noise stopped, turned it up again and noise returned.
Anyone else had this?
In for service in a couple of weeks after doing the NC500 so will get them to have a look at it.

Pop the hood/bonnet Rob. Remove the LH side plastic cover just below windscreen with quick release fasteners. Locate the pollen filter, open the rubber flap that holds it in place and pull the filter vertically, UP and out. Try the fan once more....if the noise stops, then the filter is rubbing on the fan blades.
Alternatively you may have something like a leaf or twig that drops down the top vents and ends up going tot he fan area and makes a racket!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scm

Post by scm »

kaspa wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:46 pm Yes can confirm in auto, the central air vent only rises in auto when colder air is required
There's logic in that - since hot air rises there's not much benefit in pumping heat from the "top" of the car. :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
RRB

Post by RRB »

Backfire wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:07 am I'm confused now. The dealer, when he ran through the climate control with me, definitely said that it only rises when calling for cool air, and that's what it's always done. All through the cold weather it stayed firmly down, automatically popping up on the first warm day. Could there be a difference between model years or Coupe and Convertible?
Your dealer is blowing hot air....the vents should rise(if selected to auto) when you call for lots of hot or cold....there is a programming fault with the AC system that when it is blowing hot (through the face vents and footwell) in manual, the face vent airflow will stop, the vents stay up just no air....much fiddling will bring flow back on, I've found the best option to maintain hot from both face and feet, is to leave it in a kinda void between auto and manual, ie switch it on in auto set the temp then turn off the auto by the button/ac switch and don't touch the fan speed!

My local JLR had my car for over a month trying to get to the bottom of this, changed the heater box eventually gave up and raised a tech issue as a known problem for the gurus to deal with....which they won't.....very annoying problem if its a nice cold but bright day with the roof down....and totally unacceptable from a prestige brand :evil:
2017 Black 400s convertible :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post