Centre Air Vent

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Genesiswalker

Post by Genesiswalker »

Hello one and all,

After nearly 6 months of very proud ownership I have to ask about the automated centre air vent! It comes up automatically when the cabin requires cooling, but not when heating is required. I can hear the fan blowing hard, but the vent does not rise. Is that correct or do I have a fault?

I look forward to your feedback guys and gals.

Happy crackles!
MY16, V6S, Italian Racing Red, 20" Black Chrome Gyrodynes, Pan Roof, Black Pack, Winter Pack, Visibility Pack, Keyless Entry, Performance Seats, Power Tailgate.

Backfire

Post by Backfire »

No, that is correct. Only rises when the cabin is calling for cool air. You can set it permanently up in the menus but it won't change the airflow through it.
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Had the roof off this morning, it came up after a couple of minutes and dispensed hot air!
2015 V6S Convertible Stratus Grey
Heated Perf Seats 14 Way Adjust
Premium Leather
Black Pack
Black Centrifuge Wheels + Silver Propeller Winter Wheels
Meridian
Switchable Exhaust
High Perf Braking, Red Calipers
Adaptive Dynamics
Parking Sensors with Camera
captainham

Post by captainham »

Mine does not distinguish between hot and cold, it comes up if the right airflow option ('face') is selected in the menu...
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Mine only seems to open if you specifically select it or when you select Hi or Low IE the extremes. It does blow hot or cold air though.

I mixed response so far makes no sense. Perhaps it depends on whether you are in auto or manual fan control? Single or dual climate control? Air purity sensor option or not? Coupe or convertible? Climate seats or not?

Must be something in common.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Top down on mine today, set at 23degc and the fan on manual 2/3rds blowing through footwell and face vents with warm air.
All of a sudden the fan started to make a loud strange noise.
Turned the fan down and the noise stopped, turned it up again and noise returned.
Anyone else had this?
In for service in a couple of weeks after doing the NC500 so will get them to have a look at it.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Mine comes up for hot and cold... Who knew this would be such a complicated question! 2014 v6s convertible.
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

I'm confused now. The dealer, when he ran through the climate control with me, definitely said that it only rises when calling for cool air, and that's what it's always done. All through the cold weather it stayed firmly down, automatically popping up on the first warm day. Could there be a difference between model years or Coupe and Convertible?
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

Backfire wrote:I'm confused now. The dealer, when he ran through the climate control with me, definitely said that it only rises when calling for cool air, and that's what it's always done. All through the cold weather it stayed firmly down, automatically popping up on the first warm day. Could there be a difference between model years or Coupe and Convertible?
Sounds like you have it in active only.....play with the controls on the touch screen there are options on where you want the air to come form.

If one option is not blue (the top one) then the vent will not rise unless AC calls for it.

Simples :)
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
0800Dinosaur

Post by 0800Dinosaur »

Anyone been driving along for some time, constant speed, constant climate input, to have the central air vent rise and blast you with cold air?

We'd this the other day, figured it was some sort of anti-fatigue feature?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post