Passenger Door Wouldn't Open!

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Seacourt

Post by Seacourt »

Hi,

A nice sunny day, out in our F Type, roof down, going through the countryside looking for a pub for lunch, wife in the passenger seat beside me.. What could be better!

Stop at the pub and I jump out of the car, only to see my Mrs still sitting in the car. "Not Hungry?" I ask, "No" she says "your stupid car door won't open"!!

Thinking (but definitely not saying) that there must be an error between the seat and the door handle, I come round and grab hold of the deployed door handle. Low and behold door won't open.

Look inside and the deadlock light is still on. Something is strange, so turn car back on and off, lock and unlock the drivers door, I can hear something operating in the passenger door but it doesn't open and finally read the handbook, but no dice the passenger door stays shut..

My wife, having two knee replacements, isn't taking kindly to my suggestion to jump out over the door (as we have a convertible!)

Nothing for it but to trundle home, in silence, apart from the rumble in our stomachs.

Get home and the door is still not opening. So wife does climb out of the car over the door, to my protests to be careful of the paint!! (and to her protests about my stupid car!).

So thinking that I need to book this into the dealers to look at.

Don't use the car again for a couple of days, but when I do all seems fine. Try the passenger door and it opens. Lock it, unlock it, all seems good.

So I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them, is it a known issue, and if so should I book it in?

Also I have to convince my wife to come out in the car again, so any ideas on that one as well... :-) (Perhaps the more difficult request!)

Thanks

Seacourt
F Type V6S Convertible 2013.
West London.

probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

Let her drive!!
V6 Coupe British Racing Green
ninetails

Post by ninetails »

Seacourt.....I have read this is a known fault, and jaguar dealers replace the lock solenoid to cure the problem. Hope this helps. Secourt could you please read my post on page 6 under "Led door puddle light" heading and give me some advise. Thanks.
340 coupe auto 2016MY, ammonite/corris grey, red performance heated seats, pano roof, 20" turbine wheels, switchable active exhaust, front & rear parking sensors, rear camera.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Yep theres been threads about it here before.
Cesare Lucca

Post by Cesare Lucca »

I just had the same problem yesterday night but the door is still not working. Did you have any sort of reply to your problem from Jaguar?

Thanks

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post