Window scratch warranty claim

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Looking_4_BRG_F-Type

Post by Looking_4_BRG_F-Type »

My newly purchased Coupe also has the deep window scratches. I think they must have been polished out by the dealer as I didn't notice anything when I picked the car up, but sure enough within a few uses of the windows they started to appear.

The Dealer I purchased the car from has said it won't be covered under warranty, but he'll cover the cost of them being polished out.

Booked in for 1st September for this to be looked at and a brake wear sensor wire to be reattached so will see what happens. The Dealer the car is going to is different to where I purchased it so hoping they may be more willing to try fix the issue properly under warranty :? :roll:
V6 (340) - Coupe - British Racing Green

Fez

Post by Fez »

Hi if the window scratches are deep the windows will be replaced under warranty there was a service bulletin for 2015 to 2016 cars. However there is a big but the first time I lower my window it scratched and it a model 18.5 car (Jan 18). The company has not fixed the issue so have declared it a warranty issue which has been agreed but delaying replacement until resolved or it will just happen again, it due to the design.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post