Window scratch warranty claim

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi,
I have an used approved 2 year warranty on my R coupe. It has a very scratched drivers window and I asked my local dealer to get it changed under the 2 year warranty I received when I bought from a JLR dealer. I was told that while there is a technical bulletin JTB00502 (v2?) on this issue, it was not covered by the warranty I have, so go back to the selling dealership and ask for a favour or cough up 550 quid.

I know several of you have had this work done on warranty, was this on new car warranty or did anyone get it on a second hand car warranty?
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

It’s not covered by 2nd owner warranty, but sometimes you’ll be in luck. Problem is though second warranty is not Jaguar but thirty partyninsurance company

If you recently purchased it then consumer law will deem it existing fault and seller has to fix it free of charge
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

I bought it in October last year and spent all winter thinking it was dirt from turbulent air caused by the wing mirror.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Doesn't the technical bulletin cover this as a routine replacement?
Both of my windows and seals were replaced by the supplying dealer of my, then, the years old car with no mention of warranty just the bulletin.
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

Mine was replaced in extended warranty under the bulletin no quibbles
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
Gillie

Post by Gillie »

Same here!! I bought mine when 5 months old and after 6 months of smiles i noticed the scratchs on drivers side so took it in to the local dealer and not a problem free of charge so i would be having a few stern words!!!
Fez

Post by Fez »

This is a known problem Jaguar thought they fixed the problem 2016 cars affected. I pick my car up on 7th Mar 18 , used the drivers window once result scratch which was deep enough to catch finger nail. I have written letter from Jaguar dealer that it will be replace unsee warranty but going to wait for a year as it will happen again. Note to oneself to have windows replace before warranty ends.........
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
carphone

Post by carphone »

I have the full Jag extended warranty on my car and the same scratch issue. The T&C's of the policy exclude glass unfortunately. I even wrote to the jag customer care / good will team and it was still rejected (quoted the bulletin, provided pics etc).

Its annoying because the scratches will certainly have been there whilst it was under the 3 yr warranty and serviced at the main dealer but clearly not raised / spotted.

I purchased my car privately - they seemed to imply that if I had bought it through a main dealer it may have been different outcome.

I was quoted £800 for the waist seals and glass to be replaced - I politely declined.

Instead I will do the waist seals myself and have a go polishing the scratches out :-)
Fez

Post by Fez »

Changing the waste sills will not resolve your issue, as even new cars still have the same issue which have the upgrade waste seal.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
carphone

Post by carphone »

Fez wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:15 pm Changing the waste sills will not resolve your issue, as even new cars still have the same issue which have the upgrade waste seal.
Thanks for the heads up Fez - I will just give them a good clean then lol

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post