Garaging F-Type - Help!

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Potential house move may mean Iโ€™ll have access to single garage.

What width garages do you have & any tips on fitting an F-Type. Forward or reverse etc.

TIA
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21โ€ V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

You will struggle with most single garages as getting the car in is ok but opening the door to get out is another matter
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

As above, little to no chance it will be useable ... if the garage is free standing, could it be extended?? Mine is pre-fab concrete to which I added a couple of extra panels each end and moved the side wall to give room to open the door fully as well as install a set of units ....
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I have a single garage in a new build house and no problem at all. Just need to be careful. And I don't have a reversing camera. Fine with sensors and mirrors.

I reverse in at an angle so I'm closer to one wall. Straighten up once I know front wheels are in and then I have foam on the wall for opening the door. I can get the door open to the halfway point where it rests without falling back closed if you know what I mean.

D
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Mines a single garage - standard door but slightly wider inside.
Reverse in at an angle then straighten up just after the mirrors are past the door frame.
Loads of room to get out.

Better still, do away with the normal door and get a roller shutter that fixes to the back of the brickwork.
IRR V8R
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Reversing in using the drivers door mirror angled down and aiming the rear wheel at some chevron tape stuck to the floor. Makes it easy to place the car within half an inch every time, dead straight. Plus another bit of tape on the wall to line up with the passenger door mirror as a stop mark. Roller door does give more room too.

MickGaragePhoto.jpg

2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Thanks everyone for taking the trouble to respond. Although a single garage itโ€™s a 50โ€™s built house & IMMSMW the vendor said 2.6M wide narrowing to 2.4M at the doors.

Cheers, Andrew. If we get it, fingers crossed, the door will be replaced & will widen the opening further.

Took phone call at Gayden one Saturday for job at 112 Main Street Kinoulton. Went there on Monday ๐Ÿ˜„. The boat is still in the garden ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks again everyone. Like the hazard tape on the floor. Brilliant ๐Ÿ‘
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Definitely remove the old wooden frame and up and over door and fit a roller shutter door, makes a huge difference in the opening width. I only reverse mine in so you can see exactly what is going on in the mirrors.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

JurassicF wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:25 pm Definitely remove the old wooden frame and up and over door and fit a roller shutter door, makes a huge difference in the opening width. I only reverse mine in so you can see exactly what is going on in the mirrors.
Thank you JF. Is yours single?
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

No mine is a double but with a central pillar unfortunately
I really struggled to get the F Type through the old doors about an inch either side to spare. Now with the roller shutter doors it is much easier.
As others have said, if it's a single, either an old piece of carpet or foam screwed to the wall helps.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post