InControl Apps a puzzle!

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Stevjh

Post by Stevjh »

Hello all,

I recently purchased a MY16 (that has the later displays, satnav and physical buttons) and although InControl Remote works fine, InControl Apps functionality doesn't seem to be built into the vehicle. This is odd as I thought the two were standard kit and came together. I've read the apps aren't up to much, but would have liked to try the Spotify user interface on the screen at least. None of my current and old iPhones (7, 6 and 5s) have the exact iOS versions listed on the Jaguar compatibility website, so I don't know if that is the root cause.

Can anyone confirm if the InControl Apps icon should be visible in the media menu, irrespective of whether the phone is connected to the (single) USB port with the app open? Or does the icon only appear if the vehicle detects the mobile app is connected and running on very specific iOS versions?
MY16 V6S AWD Coupé, Ammonite Grey, Pano Roof, Jet premium leather, cold climate pack, 19" Propellers, Pilot Sport 4/4S, Garmin 57

Tel

Post by Tel »

Need to know exactly which version of hardware you have; as the later displays DON'T have physical buttons on each side according to the F-Types Ive seen in the showroom.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Stevjh

Post by Stevjh »

Mine has what I think Jaguar internally called the 'mid-life' update for MY16, there are 4 buttons on each side and the top left has a 'Home icon' rather than the 'Home Menu' text on the previous generation. I'm trying to find out if the InControl Apps icon should always be visible when you right swipe from the Home screen, or if it only appears when the phone apps are connected and recognised.
MY16 V6S AWD Coupé, Ammonite Grey, Pano Roof, Jet premium leather, cold climate pack, 19" Propellers, Pilot Sport 4/4S, Garmin 57
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

The incontrol app button should be visible on the additional screen(s) when you swipe right from the home screen.
My previous XE had the standard ICT which is the equivalent of the "pre pro system" with the smaller screen and manual side buttons which sounds to be the equivalent of yours.
I can't recall any time when a new main button appeared on any of the screens by connecting the phone.
(Media will only show devices when connected though)

The main general issue with incontrol apps was poor connectivity particularly with iPhones (Android seemed pretty good) and people using aftermarket leads/cables to connect the phone.
In most cases using an original cable fixed a lot of issues.
Markku

Post by Markku »

In Control Apps was a £350 option for MY16.
One of the few changes for MY17 was to standardise it.

I didn't think it was worth £350 so didn't order it.
V6S Coupe, Polaris White, Full Red Leather Performance Seats, Pano Roof.
Stevjh

Post by Stevjh »

Many thanks for confirmations, much appreciated!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post