Brake pads

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Of course the other problem with upgraded pads, they often come with the warning 'Not for road use' or similar. Try passing that one by your insurer for comment.

Thinking about the Mintex 1144s I think they come with that message so maybe not such a good idea for your daily. Initial bite from cold is still very good though.

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Jobegold.
My first thought was : "..fit bigger discs.." , then I checked your car, it already has the biggest discs... .. If tis not in guarantee there seems to be alike brakes as the ceramics around, from another make. Should be half the price. But better run it through your insurance first..

Since I had the D3 and had problems stopping the thing with twinhorsebox totalling 6500Kg [car included], I then upgraded to V8 discs.
Now my first option is the biggest discs I can get. Ceramics was a bit wild in my taste for the P300.. :lol:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Davidb

Post by Davidb »

The rears are an easy DIY job. I looked at the fronts and took it to a professional. 😂
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

According to my service sheet done today, my rear discs and pads will need replacing in a few k miles so I’d also like to know where to get them from....
IRR V8R

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post