Brake pads

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
jobegold

Post by jobegold »

Hi Guys,

I need new back pads but jaguar want around 300 for the pads and fitting.

Im thinking to go aftermarket and get some better performance pads front and back.

Anybody know a good site to get them from?

Ideally high performance and not brembo. V8 5.0 AWD

Cheers.

Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Ebc yellowstuff 150.00 and pay an indy for fitting
jobegold

Post by jobegold »

Have you used them?
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

When the time comes, I'll be looking at Mintex 1144 as a 'performance pad.' I've used them in a few cars on road and track with good results. I've had EBC Yellow by way of inheritance, i.e. a couple of cars came with them fitted but I soon swapped for Mintex. My Impreza saw the pad material split and lifting away and in my Westfield, they didn't fill me with confidence, again changed to Mintex 1144.

Then again, other than the dealer price, what's wrong with OE? I've found the OE pad to be pretty good.
jobegold

Post by jobegold »

Iv seen mixed revuiws on the yellow stuff so im not quite convinced.

The OE pads are expensive for what they are and im finding im getting a lot of travel in the brake pedal after spirited driving. I have to really slam down on the brake pedal.

So i was hoping to find a better pad but its not looking easy. The dealer will not fit after market parts so ill have to take it to a local garage which i really no not want to do.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

jobegold wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:08 am Iv seen mixed revuiws on the yellow stuff so im not quite convinced.

The OE pads are expensive for what they are and im finding im getting a lot of travel in the brake pedal after spirited driving. I have to really slam down on the brake pedal.

So i was hoping to find a better pad but its not looking easy. The dealer will not fit after market parts so ill have to take it to a local garage which i really no not want to do.
Try a different approach. Send this complaint to your dealer, ask him to send it upstream and ask for better pads.. ... ask your car insurance who is to blame when OEM pads do not perform as should be expected. If you don't get an answer from the dealer, forward reply of insurance...
Then suggest to use " ..dependable product B.." , see what happens.. 8-)
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
jobegold

Post by jobegold »

Good thinking. I will give it a go ;)
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

DIY option or competent indie:

Check out the last few pages.
electric_parking_brake.pdf
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 199 times
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:24 am
jobegold wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:08 am Iv seen mixed revuiws on the yellow stuff so im not quite convinced.

Try a different approach. Send this complaint to your dealer, ask him to send it upstream and ask for better pads.. ... ask your car insurance who is to blame when OEM pads do not perform as should be expected. If you don't get an answer from the dealer, forward reply of insurance...
Then suggest to use " ..dependable product B.." , see what happens.. 8-)
They'll likely come back with the option of flogging you a set of carbon ceramics. If you thought the pad fitting was expensive............... :shock: :D
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Changing brake pads doesn't appear to be be the simple job it used to be. Although the idea is technically very ingenious it becomes another ruse to extract money from the customer.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post