Air filter change

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

So im not even picking mine up till the end of August, but after its had the ceramic coating , im going to change the Air filter for a K&N panel one, it looks a job, anyone done it and got some advice (P300) . thanks
2019MY i4

daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I'm told the wheel arch liners etc need to come out, but i had mine done as part of a service.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

hello

plus most members say that the K&N is not worth it on a supercharged car

just change the OEM filters more regularly :)

the oil for the filters can cause trouble with the air mass flow sensors .. ok with carb cars
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

kaspa wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:19 pm hello

plus most members say that the K&N is not worth it on a supercharged car

just change the OEM filters more regularly :)

the oil for the filters can cause trouble with the air mass flow sensors .. ok with carb cars
Agreed - just forget it. No point in fitting a filter that needs cleaning and oiling, can damage the maf sensor and lets large prtoclies of grit into the engine

I use them on comp. Jeeps but have different concerns such as water doesn’t cause them to collapse...
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

Thanks for the reply, I have fitted K&Ns to every car I have owned ,from 3 911s to Golf GTis and never had a problem with oil on the MAF , maybe if people oil them to much it might be a problem, I think making the car breath easy is a good thing all round.
2019MY i4

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post