New exhaust

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

Ill take some later and post, the mid box in not in the back box, its in the single pipe further along the exhaust its just a straight pipe now .
2019MY i4

dirk_BE

Post by dirk_BE »

Now I get it. You've eliminated the box from the intermediate pipe.

midbox_exhaustC.jpg

current: F-type 2.0L 2018; XJSC 3.6L 1987; E-type OTS 4.2L 1968
sold: mk2 3.8L 1962
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

Yes bang on, cut out number 8, and added a straight pipe so its a little louder but I can still switch it .
2019MY i4
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

So by keeping the CATs you don’t throw any dash lights or have issues with emissions, and you keeping the rear keeps OEM switching ... very clever idea, glad its worked out for you ... be nice to hear if you can post video/audio ....
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

So guys I done this as soon as i got the car my 4 pot, you don't take off the center box, leave it on , it creates a bit of back pressure to get loud bangs, the noise isn't as great if you remove it, just the rear box is removed, straight 3" pipes out, the right pipe is a 3" which the valve part of the rear box attaches , the left is only 2.5" and this is where the main engine smoke comes out, when you press the exhaust valve it opens the 3" outlet to give the noise. The 2.5" pipe has to be increased to 3" with an additional sleeve, plug the valve tube, you never use the exhaust button, i have 2 x 3.5" twin pipes added, bangs and pops like crazy and no drone, its my car that dirk_BE is referring to

done5.jpg

don7.jpg

don4.jpg

don3.jpg

don2.jpg

don1.jpg

Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted
Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

Hi , like to hear what it sounds like, have you got a video?
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes
K78

Post by K78 »

That exhaust will definitely lose power with the valves closed and cause problems if driven hard with the valves closed.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post