New exhaust

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

So Im collecting my new 2.0 next month, and i would like to change the back box and tailpipe , to get a little more volume , and some black tips, as the car is white with a black-pack, ive already got a set of tail badges in black ready , has anyone changed the tips/ back box .
2019MY i4

dirk_BE

Post by dirk_BE »

current: F-type 2.0L 2018; XJSC 3.6L 1987; E-type OTS 4.2L 1968
sold: mk2 3.8L 1962
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

must say

that does look like a good quality exhaust system .. would be interested to hear how that sounds

but would hate a drone on long journeys etc
scm

Post by scm »

For more volume, get the V8! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

To me the posted system looks poor. On normal valves closed the gas has to do an unflowed 180 degree u turn, then hits a T again with no flowing
It also looks like another 180 turn inside the back box
Valves open looks fine, but closed I’d expect back pressure issues and loss of power
Only a dyno can really show it
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

VAP offer black tips for their system .... check at Sammys V6S thread for photos ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
dirk_BE

Post by dirk_BE »

Recently saw this topic on another forum: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... ic-200686/
The rear box was just removed and straight pipes 3" out to two 4" tail trims. The fabricator did the pipes that i utilized the same connections so i can put back on the rear box at any time, the exhaust button is no longer used. On startup and idle there is a nice heavy sound, thought i might get a boy racer sound but no, lovely, on option D it does a heavy thumping pop like the V6 through each gear, and crackle on lift off, now it's nothing like the V6, different but good. Then there's Dynamic and paddles, well its unreal,why jaguar didn't do this from the start, through the gears and down shift it's just like a gun banging and pops and crackles. On cruising there is no drone what so ever. Think this is the way forward if someone has a 2.0, this is enough to do. My nearest town is a mile away and my wife could hear it banging and popping when driving through, it makes it a different cat and a big smile, so anyone with a 2.0 get to the shop and get the box of and 2 straight pipes out, there is a bit of precise bending to do to get the 4" tips to fit, first pic it the oem box and the next the 3" just inserted in,the last pics of the pipes look a bit low but that was the picture angle as from the main picture they look ok, also you can see the heat shield from the angle to facing up. Some aftermarket exhaust come wit a plate to cover round the pipes like the Quicksilver system, so i done this also, covers it completly, it was a bitch to do.

straight pipes no exhaust.jpg

corne

Post by corne »

look great Dirk, the sound was for me the major reason to look for the V6 insteat of the 2.0. I wonder if there is a tuner who has some good results on the 2.0.
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

I had my tail pipes changed to black round ones , as my car is white with black pack, I didnt take the back box off as I wanted to keep the switching , so the exhaust guy said to take the mid box out for a little more sound, its about 15% louder on ticker but a deeper sound, and a nicer louder noise when you rev it, and I can still close the valve , you do notice the pops and bangs lots more in dynamic mode .
2019MY i4
dirk_BE

Post by dirk_BE »

Do you have pics from the changes you 've made Adrian? What exactly do you mean by "take the midbox out"?
Last edited by dirk_BE on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post